Thread: Afraid of dreams happening for real.

Afraid of dreams happening for real.

For some reason this one has always bothered me.

I know a lot of people have dreams that end up happening in real life. Usually, they are about rather mundane things. For example, I swear I saw the house I live in now in a dream I had years before. However, one of the biggest roots of my anxiety is a bad dream I had a long time ago where I was in a hospital. I keep on thinking that one will come true, and I'm always sorta on my toes thinking something soon will put me in the hospital and I'll die. I do realize that this is irrational at least, but it's still frightening. This dream fear seems to tie into my deja vu thing and my fear of epilepsy.

Re: Afraid of dreams happening for real.

Well, it's probably true that one day you will be in hospital - most people are at some time or other. And they come out, usually in better shape than when they went in. Being in hospital doesn't mean dying - it's not all that bad - people bring you food and cups of tea and chocolates if you are up to enjoying them.

Dreams are simply your brain going out to play or subconsciously bringing what's happening in your life into them in strange and wonderful ways. They do not foretell the future, because you do not know it yourself.
    I had a weird dream last night about horses galloping over my outhouse roof and breaking it. I was as mad as hell. Chances of it happening....zilch.

Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by anx1ous View Post
    For some reason this one has always bothered me.

I know a lot of people have dreams that end up happening in real life. Usually, they are about rather mundane things. For example, I swear I saw the house I live in now in a dream I had years before. However, one of the biggest roots of my anxiety is a bad dream I had a long time ago where I was in a hospital. I keep on thinking that one will come true, and I'm always sorta on my toes thinking something soon will put me in the hospital and I'll die. I do realize that this is irrational at least, but it's still frightening. This dream fear seems to tie into my deja vu thing and my fear of epilepsy.
    Sorry you're scared. Do you mind sharing the dream? I think I can relate somewhat to this sort of magical thinking.

Thread Information