Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLOATERS

FLOATERS

hi,

i was suffering panic attacks durin the summer holidays, after the holidays i started to make myself busy, i got a job and went to university. the panic attakcs stopped, regularly i used to do breathing exercises and play sports.

After the panic attacks stopped i have had a sudden increase in floaters, i went to the eye hospital and they said everythin was fine. he said that i was dead cells and eventually they will settle at the bottom of the eye.

Has anyone experienced wht i have experienced or knw any cure for this , i hav many floaters now and they really get on my nerves!! i dont knw how long they will be there, apparently they will be there all my life!, i am only 21! people get this whn they are in their 60's!!

thnks
    haz

Hi Haz

Since I started with anxiety attacks in April I have developed floaters,it's just another symptom of anxiety mate.

They get on my nerves too, but I just try and ignore them most of the time.

Hope this helps

Elaine x

I have heard that this will go away after time, could it b the after effects of panic attacks or anxiety? i dont knw.

apparently they will fade over time, i think it takes about a year for them to go, they really bother me especially tryin to work on the comp!

how many floater sdo u hav? i got quite a few, 1 very long stringy floater and 1 large dot or knot floater and abt 4-5 small floaters.

I don't count them, just very aware that they are there all the time especially when I am anxious.

They are the effects of anxiety

hi
    i suffered floaters when i was 17. they went away after about two weeks. im now 21 and i started suffeering with panic attacks about 2 months ago. ive noticed my floaters have come back but are not as permanent as before. i think it is related to stress and anxiety. im gunna take your advice mate and get myself busy again and hopefully panic attacks will go. i read somewhere that stress is often brought on by boredom.
    hope your floaters go soon.

Hi Haz
    Iv got them too. I can see them even more when I look into the sky or something bright. Theyv bin there a while now. Iv had checks done on my eyes ( every single one goin I think). I even went to two different opticians just in case the first ones were rubbish.
    They both told me the same thing. It was stress....That dreaded word.
    I guess that means it is a symptom of anxiety.
    Iv got three right now. They only disappear when its pitch black.

Jude

I 've got floaters also!
    Especially when I look into sky or white walls. I have only one now and not all the time.
    I guess I should just paint all my walls [:P]

Am I glad I found this thread?

I have suffered with these for a long time, some days they are worse than others, at the moment they are worse than ever and I have been feeling very anxious about it. I was sure I had some horrible eye disease thank you for putting my mind at rest, I might've known it was down to stress etc.

Mine are still there, Delta , even though I feel 95% better.I was like you until I found this wonderful site and put me at ease about all my wierd and wonderful symptoms, lol!

Elaine x

Re: FLOATERS

Hi all,

I just wanted to say how amazing it is to find a forum like this. I suffer with anxiety and recently began to experience 'floaters' - in particluar one grey dot just outside my direct focus. I became convinced it was something scary, and even a trip to the opticians and pupil dilation with full exam didn't make me accept that I'm normal.

I still have this dot from time to time, alongside translucent wiggly lines with dots on them (especially in bright light/white backgrounds), but just reading through these threads does reinforce the fact that stress is a huge, and possibly the hardest thing to cope with - and it IS stress and anxiety that make this happen.

Although its a little digression, I wanted to include this tip. Alcohol will make these dots/floaters worse. I've noticed the link over the past few weeks at the weekend. Now I'm not telling people to live like nuns, but if you have a big night out, don't be alarmed if the dots are more apparent than normal. Also, the stress of the hangover can lead to negative thinking. Just lie back and rest your eyes on some relaxing weekend television

Bests to all of you & huge thanks,

Kitti.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information