Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Pulse rate - over 100

Re: High Pulse rate - over 100

hello everyone, i suffer from health anxiety, but i am scared of going the doctors or anything to do with me because i get so anxious, its funny really because i work in a hospital as an auxilliary nurse, i got checked out when i was 28yrs old because i kept complaining of a funny flutter in my chest so i had an ecg and my doctor said i had to go for further tests, i had a chest xray, heart scan, ecg, 24hr tape, and then what i can laugh at now is when i looked at my chest xray i could see a white shadow so i said to the nurse oh no i have got cancer, the consultant said do you want the good news or the bad, and he started laughing and said that was my heart oh how stupid am i ha ha, oh what a relief, anyway they diagnosed ventricular ectopics, they dont bother me that much, anyway i think i have always worried about my health because i can remember being in the junior school and always thinking i couldnt breath, anyway when i was 29yrs old i was working in the hospital then, just been through a bad split up and i wasnt well going into work so they took my blood pressure and my pulse was 150bpm so they sent me home and i had to call the doctor but when he knew what my pulse was he thought i was going into af, which is atrial fibrillation so i panicked had to get an ambulance, oh i thought i was dying, anyway it was a kidney inf, i got over that went back to work and had a panic attack went home and was anxious all the time, couldnt stop thinking of my heart going fast so it stayed fast all the time, had a bad time, eventually with help from no panic and i went private to see a cardiologist and had more tests, another heart scan and 24hr tape i settled for abit, my anxiety isnt as bad as it was but i get twinges of it, if i let it it would come back, i am so fixated on my heart i dont focus on anything else, i know abit about the heart and i could reasure anybody else but not myself, if anybody would like to chat my email address is buttonsj@hotmail.co.uk.

Re: High Pulse rate - over 100

Hi!! I am new memeber from this day - and I thank a lot to found this site!!

Talking Re: High Pulse rate - over 100

Hi!! I am new memeber from this day - and I thank a lot to found this site!!
    about high Pulse rate- I have known it from many years - gone panic many times, were sedated too.

I nice doctor told me, to help myself: place your finger tips (nr. 2 finger, cant remember know what the name is) very gently on both our closed eyses. hold a gently!!!! press on the eyes, while you take a deep breath, hold the air inside, and then , when you slowly let go of the pressure, you gently exhale, through the mouth or nose, (I do throug the mouth, its easier for me.)

You can feel your heart beat slow down - a wonderful feeling - do it not work first time, do it again, and you will feel relaxed .
    It had helped me A LOT! to do SOMETHINg FOR MY SELF! WHICH hELPS! Jelo7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information