Thread: Pain in left arm !! HELP !!

Pain in left arm !! HELP !!

Hi

Since yesterday I have had this dull ache in my left arm, combined on occasions with the tingly feeling down the Ulner nearve (outer tip of little finger to elbow).

The 'normal' pins and needles I can cope with, but it's the constant ache that I am not used to. I have it in both my forearm and upper arm (bicep). I cannot pin it down to physical exertion so am really worried as its my LEFT arm (Heart ?).

If it were heart related, would I get any other symptoms ?

Thanks in advance for your replies ...

Dave

hi dave

i have exactly the same problem! i get it for a little while and then it goes away and then comes back again. I am not a 'heart' worrier, so i must admit that heart problems havent crossed my mind, but unfortunately other things have :(. I feel like it comes from my shoulder, through my arm, and right between my fingers. I am thinking it is either a trapped nerve, or just down to 'normal' aches and pains.

Also, do you drive? I was wondering if it could be partly caused by changing gear (especially with the exertion needed in my car!). I also tend to have a lot of tension in my shoulders (but more in the left than the right) and think that might be something to do with it too.

Sorry, i cant give you a proper answer, but just to let you know you're not the only one with this problem.

mag

Is your concern a heart attack? If you've been having this since yesterday, my guess would be a heart attack would have already happened, thus causing more symptoms than that. I sometimes get dull aches in any one of my arms or legs that can last a day or two and then will go away on its own. Try not to stress, but if you're REALLY worried, you could always go make sure just in case.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

this is one of my worst symptoms and all reassurance goes out the window when it is really bad

ive been told its tension and muscular

jackie

try not to worry, nearly all sensations related to anxiety are caused by muscle tension. try massage to relieve it

Oh yes, I've had that so much I don't even worry about it anymore!

I think it can be muscular - I get it at the top of my shoulder, too. Sometimes in the arm itself, and it hurts quite a bit. Nothing has ever happened, so I'm used to it. And I do know it can be caused by anxiety too, the pins/needles.

I'm not a doctor, but I have heard that when you have a heart attack, you are in alot of pain, and there are other symptoms. You can always go get a physical to ease your mind, though.

Good luck to you, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Megan

Thanks for your replies.

I have also started getting a "cold" sensation down my forearm now.

I know I should get it checked out, but I have a phobia of going to the Dr. because of what he might tell me.

I've been having the same sensation recently as well, today i've been asking my hubby if my left hand feels colder than my right as it feels freezing to me!

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

I have had that feeling on and of for two years.The doctor told me that heart problems are not an issue around that and I read on the net that with a heart attack you get a lot severe symptoms than that, actually they hardly talk about the left arm.I wooried sick when it first started to happen but now I worry less and less because nothing bad has come out of it.Take care!

Thread Information