Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Re: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Brad, do you wake up with it? Is it really 24/7 or do you get moments of relief from it?
    24/7 pretty much, I find it goes away kinda when I complete a test or something and I get to go home I get this big relief feeling and I feel great again but then comes back an hour later but I can't tell if it goes away because I've been obsessing about it ever since my first panic attack and then I woke up with this feeling :(

Re: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Hmmm... so in other words, you think about it and then it's the thinking that perpetuates it and it brings it on. I definitely think you need to find a way to stop obsessing over DP because it'll go away then. Maybe you could try thinking more positive thoughts, or maybe you can write down a list of affirmations that comfort you and make you feel real...

Hmmm... so in other words, you think about it and then it's the thinking that perpetuates it and it brings it on. I definitely think you need to find a way to stop obsessing over DP because it'll go away then. Maybe you could try thinking more positive thoughts, or maybe you can write down a list of affirmations that comfort you and make you feel real...
    See my psychiatrist asked me the same thing, and yah I agree I feel like it's 24/7 because I'm obsessing over it, if played a hockey game afterwards I'll feel fine because I'm not thinking of it

Yes, exactly. So basically, all you need to do is try and move away from the obsessive pattern of thinking. Maybe you can ask your psychiatrist about possible ways of doing that.

Yes, exactly. So basically, all you need to do is try and move away from the obsessive pattern of thinking. Maybe you can ask your psychiatrist about possible ways of doing that.
    I think you're right, every couple months it feel different like a different disconnected feeling and it's probably because I'm obsessing over it

I've been there before, and I still get these obsessive thoughts about dp sometimes. I think about it throughout the day, and ultimately it's the thinking that brings it on. What I find helpful when I do have dp attacks is just looking in the mirror, reminding myself that all is real, that I exist, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information