Thread: Strange developing symptoms/Brain Tumor fears

Question Strange developing symptoms/Brain Tumor fears

Hi, I've been debating making an account here for a while now, and my symptoms are driving me nuts so here goes.

My problems started just after Christmas, when I noticed my hands started tingling, and the muscle at the base of my thumbs would really hurt. I went to the doctor thinking it could be carpal tunnel and he said it wasn't, and it went away on it's own. As soon as that stopped, I started having parts of my body feel really hot. Mainly my right foot as it wouldn't go back to normal for over a week. Parts of my body would feel somewhat numb too. I went to the doctor again, asking if it could be multiple sclerosis, and was told it wasn't likely.

After that, I noticed I would feel sort of dizzy while playing video games, something I've never experienced before. That hasn't changed. More recently, I've had headaches and nausea that comes and goes, as well as a strange feeling in my right ear. Almost as if water is in it (it isn't), it also feels really warm at times. I did have a bout of extreme nausea one day last week after a shower, but that hasn't happened again since. I've also noticed eye floaters when looking at the sky, and hiccups happening the past few nights. All which are apparently symptoms of a brain tumor. I know hiccups are very common, but I don't usually get them. I had an MRI done on my head this past friday, but I won't get those results for at least another 10 days. The doctor who scanned me acted kind of shifty when I asked whether or not he could see anything after the scan, but he said he wasn't qualified to tell me anything. My mom believes I only got the scan because I keep harassing them about my symptoms. She thinks I'm being ridiculous by thinking I have a brain tumour, but I'm honestly worrying myself sick every day. I just want to know if anyone has experienced anything similar. Sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to get everything out there.

Re: Strange developing symptoms/Brain Tumor fears

This is so strange I also feel the same! I posted a thread yesterday about it. Mine started 4 months ago with a headache on one side and s pain in my left ear (same side as headache) I now get shooting pains down my arms and into my hands and also strange pains in the muscles at the bottom of my thumbs too. I get hiccups every day which I have never had before and also burp quite a lot at the minute. I'm also terrified I have a brain tumour and I have never suffered from headaches before. I also get weird muscle twitches/jerks quite regularly and am basically a big ball of worry right now. I've been referred to a neurologist even though the doc didn't seem concerned but I am terrified to see them and get an MRI Incase it comes back that I do have one. I'm so worried it's chewing me up constantly! :( so strange that I have almost the exact symptoms to you though! However I also googled anxiety symptoms and every single one of these is also a symptom of anxiety but I can't help but think the worst in the back of my mind! :(

Thread Information