Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning anxiety

Re: Morning anxiety

Ah so pleased for you jay dee,
    I'm getting about in the day and doing bits - although I can feel the tension in my neck and the anxiety fizzing through my body.
    Waking up anxious still but not the dreaded feeling - more like my brain is just instantly awake.
    I'm going up to 7.5mg tonight and will take this for a week then onto 10mg.
    Sounds like your doing really well x good on you - keep going forward- 😘

Hi Jennifer

I'm so pleased you are feeling a bit better. Don't be concerned though if you seem to take a few steps back, it's perfectly normal and all part of recovery. I remember lots of ups and downs and it was very frustrating because it would seem that no sooner did I think it was going it would sneak back in for a few days and I'd feel like I was back at step one. Just keep going, keep plugging on, and you'll find that eventually the down days will get fewer and fewer and you will get longer periods of feeling good. And then eventually the bad times fade away and then you can finally say you are better. Please let me know how it goes

Thank you mojo for your reply
    The days are getting better I guess - although the mind chatter just won't shut up so I have a permanent headache- all the what ifs are so annoying. It's better when I have someone around to talk to because then at least I'm not constantly thinking of me.
    I feel like I'm getting a bit better but I just don't feel like me...? I feel kind of sad, and no motivation to do much. Although yesterday I went out for the day shopping with my mum and today im at the gym , just had a swim and sauna, I try and get out to walk the dogs or anything just to get out and get some fresh air.
    I'm only on my 12 day - 10 days on 5mg and 2 days of 7.5mg, so I no I won't feel any better yet and when I get to my required dose then I'll start feeling like me again - I've just got to give it more time x
    Once again thank you for replying it gives me confidence that it'll all be better soon x

Hi Jennifer, I have a question, when you stopped the medication the first time and went back did you also upped the dose slowly? I ask because I also stopped the medication for 3 months but went back with the full dose, so I feel my body in a shock state. I see tapering up slowly is a safe method.

Hi shery

Yes when I can off them before and started taking them again I started on either 5 or 10 and then to 15 and to 20. Never did I start back on 20.
    I would have been in a terrible state.
    I have to take these tablets slowly as my side effects are horrendous- but they do work well x

Thanks Jennifer, cant wait the day they kick in, hope it comes soon

I feel the same shery - just want to get back to being me x
    I’m realllllllyyyyyyy sleepy today 😴

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

How many times you been on cit shery?

I am actually on escitalopram, it is structurally related to citalopram. I was on it for the last 4 years, I have tried weaning few times by just reducing the dose but every time I felt bad and did go back rapidly. This time I weaned rapidly and did not feel any troubles for around 3 months then suddenly all symptoms came back!!!

I toovweaned off twice - the first time I was off them for about 2 months - the second time I was off them for about 6/7 months I think. Then January this year I got the same anxious feelings and I knew it was coming back.
    So I started taking 5 mg and will go up slowly to 20mg. I’m currently on 7.5mg.
    I think I’ll be on them for good now- I can’t stanc this feeling and all the start up side effects.
    My anxiety is better today but I just feel low / lethargic and sad that I’m here again and having to go through this all again.
    Hope you feel better soon x

Me too, I will be on them for good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information