Thread: Feeling Inside Throat

Unhappy Feeling Inside Throat

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, and over the last month I have been having some issues with health anxiety. This website has helped me get through a lot and I assume that most of the issues that I'm dealing with are related to my anxiety.

With that being said, I wanted to see if anyone has the current issues that I'm dealing with. Over the last week and a half or two, I have had some issues with swallowing on what feels like the right side of my throat. I am able to eat and drink food fine without too much of an issue, although occasionally it feels like I'm getting small pieces of food stuck on the right side. I originally thought it was globus, but recently I got curious and stuck my finger into my throat to see if I could feel anything. Beyond where I could see, I felt on the right side a hard piece of what feels like bone or cartilage that is only on the right side of my throat. On the left side of my throat, I don't have that hard feeling, and have been insanely worried over the last few days. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow hoping to get answers, but it is all I can think about right now. I really have no other symptoms besides a cough and some consistent phlegm, but this could very easily be associated with something viral.

If anyone has any experience with a situation like this, or can provide me some support, I would really appreciate it. I've been new to this whole health anxiety thing and it has been horrible. Normally I can find a post that has my exact symptoms, but this has been one where I've been stumped and can't get out of my head that I've got lymphoma, tonsil cancer, thyroid cancer, or some other type of cancer... Thanks for any support that you can provide.

Re: Feeling Inside Throat

Really hoping that this is not oropharynx cancer...

Not sure anyone saw this or cared, but went to my doctor today. He felt the inside of my theist and did feel the bump, but said it was cartilage that was more prominent on my right side than my left. I can still feel the area that's on my right side that was causing me problems, but convincing myself everything is okay.

Thanks everyone for all the support...

Hi,

That's good news and good that you believe the Dr too. I guess if you're right handed the you will favour more activity with your right side of body

There have been a few posts on here about similar issues over the last few days

Thread Information