Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Severe ache in calf and leg

Re: Severe ache in calf and leg

Went last night to out of hrs drs really concerned what is going on with my leg pain is going on my calf to top of leg and in groin. He really didn't know what it could be. He said maybe a symptom of verapamil still feel concerned

I'm really confused my leg is swollen feels severe ache down calf and ive got sharp pain where groin is worried ive got a dvt. Had a blood test earlier in week for clots come bk normal and gp sent me for ultra sound scan of veins which she said was normal. What could this be

Do i go to a and e

My leg is not feeling good at all i have tried heat/cold pain killers rest. It started in calf and is going up my leg into my groin never had pain in my groin before. I'm concerned about a dvt but my blood test is saying negative and scan was ok although she didn't go up calf. I'm really worried

The more you think about it the more it will hurt.

The scan cam back clear, the blood test came back clear you need to have faith in the Doctors.

It could even be your sciatic nerve playing up and the pain coming from your waist down rather than your calf upwards.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

started in calf tho

yep and??? the sciatic nerve runs all the way down the back if your legs from your back...

A few quotes through sensible googling (please don't google)

Sciatica in the calf is one of the most common locations to experience radicular back and leg pain. Symptoms often exist in the rear of the muscle, but also may exist in the outer side of the muscle in many cases.

Pain, tingling, weakness and/or numbness may be unilateral or bilateral and may be completely centered in the calf exclusively or may also affect other anatomical regions in the lower body.
    Or this one.....

Although the cause of Sciatica often lies in the spine, not all sufferers will experience back pain and symptoms can be variable. The problem can manifest as back pain with leg pain, or leg pain only.
    or this....

Symptoms vary from a mild cramping or tightening sensation in the hamstring or calf muscles to a constant shooting pain in the buttock, hamstring and down to the foot.
    Of course I am not diagnosing you with Sciatica... I am just saying it is what it could be

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yeah have had sciatica before its really painful dr at time sent me for physio at the time. Went to hospital last night cos couldn't put any weight on my left leg the pain was unbearable the swelling looked bigger and pain was going down groin. Dr first said veins not deep veins but veins. Then he said sounds like an hernia. Was told to go home and take painkillers. Because i suffer with cluster headaches i was put on a med for blood pressure but is also used for cluster headaches has helped headaches but can cause swelling dosent mention pain

Swelling and Muscle pain are side effects of your Medication. Your Dr had already said it could be that.

What pain meds did the Hospital give you?

Clarisse

Again been bk to gp my pain in groin is awful they done another dvt blood test just waiting on result. When i went to hospital they did basically nothing said it sounded like a hernia but he said it didn't make sense as pain was down calf. Then he mentioned superfilar veins didn't understand that bit. He didn't think it was the medication I'm on nor did dr today

Hope you find out soon what is causing the pain. Its obviously driving you doolally with worry

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information