Thread: Irrational fear of pregnancy? [TMI stuff in here]

Exclamation Irrational fear of pregnancy? [TMI stuff in here]

So, lately I've just been having really bad anxiety over my pregnancy phobia, and I know it's irrational, but I kinda just need a couple voices of reason to make me feel better I guess.

So pretty much, I last had sex about two months ago, end of November. I had been on the pill for about 4 months at this point, and I am very much on top of taking it at the same time and not missing pills. It seemed to be working, considering how my periods evened out, and the emotional issues I had that were the reason I got put on birth control to begin with had resolved themselves after the first month of birth control.

Not to mention the fact that while there was some skin to skin contact in that region, it was minimal and a condom was used during the actual act. The condom did sort of come off, but not all the way, not enough to be super concerning.

About three weeks after that, middle of December, I took my placebo pills and got a normal flow period. No big. I still took a pregnancy test after that, 25 days after sex, just to be sure, and it came out negative.

Skip ahead to a week before my next set of placebo pills, in January, I was 9 hours late to taking my pill. Not super concerning since I wasn't having sex, however, the next day my boobs got really sore and I got emotional, it was obvious that my body didn't like the mess up in hormones. Still, got kinda paranoid cause my anxiety was like "Sore boobs is a sign of pregnancy!" So I took another test, also negative.

A few days after that late pill, I had some cramping and brown discharge, then it stopped and a day later I started my placebo pills. I had some more heavy brown discharge for a few days, enough to make a significant mark on my pads, but there was no actual blood. Then it stopped before I started the active pills again.

About two weeks ago I was kinda nauseated, and noticed my nails were growing a bit faster than usual, so I took another test out of paranoia. That also came out negative.

Logically, I know it's super unlikely to get pregnant with the birth control and condoms to begin with. Then it's also super unlikely that I would get periods and have that many false negatives. So it's like, logic says, "You are not pregnant, calm down." but my anxiety is screaming, what if what if what if!

All the "symptoms" I am showing are really subtle, and I am pretty sure everyone says that it would be super obvious by now. I'm not all that skinny, so I can't use the size of my stomach to calm me down. But would it feel obvious by now if somehow I was? I am just so scared of pregnancy and afraid that it will happen and I won't know until its way too late...

Re: Irrational fear of pregnancy? [TMI stuff in here]

If you last had sex the end of November then you'd be around 10 weeks pregnant if you did get pregnant. I highly doubt a pregnancy test would show up negative. Why not go to the doctors where they will do a proper blood test for a definitive test (although I'm not sure they'll do one with negative tests but they might if you tell them your situation).
    I doubt at 10 weeks the size of your stomach would make a difference anyway. I was a rake when I fell pregnant and didn't show until around 18 weeks.

I know it happens, but I don't personally know anybody who fell pregnant whilst using contraception let alone birth control and condoms. I think it's safe to say you aren't pregnant, although I can understand that fear if you're scared of being pregnant.

Thread Information