Thread: Throat sensations again woohoo

Throat sensations again woohoo

I've been doing pretty well recently but today of all days I decided to have some chicken noodle soup for dinner instead of my usual protein shake and now the whole left side of my throat(mainly upper by my gland) feels horrible, almost like trapped wind and is rather gaggy when I think about it and I could usually write it off as my Silent reflux but I don't know why I just can't now, I'm just assuming the worst and really panicking :/ x

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Dang I'm definitely having a bad night,
    Now on top of it all I bent/twisted my thumb a little funnily and now my brain is saying its dislocated and its going to kill me or something because it hurts in the bone bit but I can still bend it and grab things kinda, I'm driving myself insane

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Throat sensations again woohoo

Hi there, I dont have anything really helpful to say as havent had your exact symptom, but thought I would post my sensations in case it helps you at all. I was actually on here looking for similar symptoms to mine. I have suffered acid reflux and various stomach throat oesophagus symptoms for many years. Had tests and everything done. It comes and goes and I think is very much anxiety fuelled. Lately I have been panicking about it. I always fear the worst case scenario.....so of course any symptoms means I will end up vomiting (I have emetophobia too) forever uncontrollably until I die! Seriously, that really is how my mind works. Recently my concern is no so much acid reflux but bubbles coming up and like a watery feeling in my throat. No burn like there would be with acid because i take zantac 3 times a day but in bed after eating breakfast, if I lie down I get these annoying bubbles making their way up and giving me a weird sensation in my throat. Bitter taste too sometimes. It tends to go off once I get up but if I worry about it I can have the sensations all day and a feeling of a lump in my throat or something sitting just outside my stomach. It totally freaks me out and I get really anxious, so I understand your feelings. I think our anxious minds dwell too long on sensations that other people would just dismiss or maybe not even notice. I see you have silent reflux....I wonder about this too. How does your affect you?

Re: Throat sensations again woohoo

It affects me terribly actually, its the root cause of my fear of choking, i also reflux food at the same time as acid which is really uncomfortable, its almost like it just sits in my throat, its defo made me paranoid, my brothers have a horrible cold which has given them a bad cough and sore throat so i've been taking care of them and now the sensation in my throat(all over but mainly upper by the glands) is horrible and is making me want to gag, rationally we can gather i'm probably getting it especially as its mainly the left gland and sometimes feels tingly so probably just from globus or the cold but my mind is screaming that the noodles i ate for lunch are going to choke me(even though i ate them at some point from 11 - 1 and its now 18) because i had chicken noodle soup at 14 and i know it can't be that, honestly i can drive myself crazy sometimes but i can certainly say i haven't been this terrified for a long time x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thread Information