Thread: Chronic headache? Anxiety?

Chronic headache? Anxiety?

Hi guys,

I've recently moved into a new enviornment (in the last 3 months)and I've been overwhelmed by the work and stressed out.

I feel like in this time, I've been having more headaches. I am someone who usually gets headaches but these ones are persisting for longer.

The headache is usually at the back of my head on one side. I haven't vomited but sometimes I feel quite out of it (I don't know how to describe this). I know that tension headaches can be caused by stress but I've heard that they generally only occur behind the eyes?

I find that some days the headache isn't there but sometimes if I finish the day, the headache comes on. Sleep doesn't necessarily make it better. Showers, seem to help though?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

Re: Chronic headache? Anxiety?

Hi there, not sure if it's similar or not as headaches are caused by so many things but yeah I get similar headaches at the back of my head....well, more the muscles that run down either side of the neck and go up to the base of the skull.

These usually end up at their worst with a thumping behind one eye and a feeling like i'm going to vomit.

Again your headaches might be entirely different but i'm told my headaches are caused by anxiety/tension and poor posture and that they're fairly common.
    You'd have to see a GP or similar to get a proper diagnosis, have you been to see them?

Cheers , Robert

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Oh and yes I sometimes find showers help, I assume its something to do with the water drumming on the muscles and the heat. Likewise, I've got an ice pack that I place on my forehead or round my neck when it gets really bad.

Re: Chronic headache? Anxiety?

Thanks for the reply.

I saw my GP a while ago fore just being a headache-y type of person and he just attributed it to stress.

I have noticed that my posture is pretty bad and my neck does get tight sometimes. Probably is just then. Some days are fine, some others, not so much - esp. when I'm stressed/anxious.

Thread Information