Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I have a brain tumour?

Re: Severe brain tumour fears!?!

You know an extreme amount about brain tumours. What this tells us is that you've researched heavily into your feared condition. That is a strong symptom of health anxiety.

My friend had headaches that came completely out of the blue. So bad in fact that he had to take off work sick. He was given oxygen to use whenever he felt them coming on and was off for two/three months with constant headaches. He had more than a right to believe that he had a brain tumour, but he didn't. After the two/three months they just went away and he's been fine ever since.

However, the anxiety in you made you believe that it was sinister. You've spiralled since, unfortunately.

What you had last night was a panic attack. They are horrible and I have suffered with maybe three of them in my life. 'Couldn't speak in your head' is what you described, that's because you were panicking.

It's easy to say stop worrying but I know you can't. That's why I advise you to seek therapy. Have you even seen a GP over these worries of yours?

Mild Dizziness brain tumour ?!??

Hi everyone. I've worried about brain tumours a lot for the last 5 years on and off. I've had a variety of symptoms that have came and went in the last few months but now I have a new symptom.

Mild lightheadedness that seems to start at about 10am and lasts for most of the day and then goes away again. It's like dizziness behind my eyes if that makes sense? I'm now worried I truly have developed a tumour but just want to know if anyone has had similar symptoms that turned out benign.

I've been to my GP so many times over brain tumour ''symptoms'' I'd be too embarrassed to go back!!! Thanks

Re: Mild Dizziness brain tumour ?!??

I'm the same lately, I had headache worries but now I have no headache but occasionally feel dizzy for a split second. Makes me feel abit off for the rest of the day then nothing for days. Very odd. May need eyes tested but too scarred to go just in case!

Re: Mild Dizziness brain tumour ?!??

Mild Dizziness brain tumour ?!??

Mild dizziness...

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Anyone else's minds go blank briefly?

Well I've had this happen 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months. It's where I maybe go to speak to a colleague whose name I know, but then suddenly can't remember it - it's like my mind freezes and won't work. I can't think for a few seconds. Then later their name comes back to me. Two times this has happened I'd been off for a week, so I'm wondering if there is a connection?

Of course I'm worried it's a brain tumour. Anyone have anything similar?

Re: Anyone else's minds go blank briefly?

Yes many times.

Yes, definitely.

Lately I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety (more than usually) and it happens to me a lot. Also stuff like when someone asks me date of birth or age, its not jist the funnu confusion thing that happens with most people sometimes, but my mind literally hoes blank for few moments I need to force myself to actively focus on the answer. just today i was at the doctors and said i was 20 (im 21) then got confused, corrected myself im 22 and then finally got my age right lolol. as u said my brain went blank. i also have 0 sense of what day / date it is and constantly forget. i guess its a normal thing when youre highly anxious

Hah! I was just going to post Ben's recent thread in!

There are many threads about memory & concentration issues, it's very common.

That volume of occurrences is really quite spread out. I would have more than that easily in one week or less.

I found myself standing there almost willing my brain to kick-start into action to find this thing I needed recalling.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information