Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Als worry

Re: Als worry

Rhiannon
    Look up Benign fasiculation syndrome
    You sound like standard issue
    Nothing to worry about
    My calves have been going 24/7 for two years! As well as many many many other locations
    You're fine

Quote Originally Posted by RhiannaLouiseHerbert View Post
    Yeah but when I say it's CONSTANT I mean CONSTANT ... like it doesn't ease up no matter what and it's really really really annoying :/ to the point it's making me really down because it's very uncomfortable. I also get proper bad weird pains in my legs too :/ but thank you for your replys.

And yes before I used to get twitching but NEVER to this extent :/ it's something else it really is! X
    Yeah you basically described what I've been going through. Although it was twitching a LOT more with more pain a few weeks ago compared to now. At the moment I've had a few good days with nearly no twitching or pain but if I engage the legs much in walking then they twitch a lot after with some pain.

For pains I sometimes get short sharp pains that almost shock me, then sometimes long dull pains. I don't mind the twitching... It's the fatigue and pain which is nasty as it's making moving about a lot more painful and tense than normal.

That's actually a well good quote!! Thank you!! I will save that!! ... . And oh really? How were your reflexes? I keep constantly checking mine myself. Do you have the twitches too? ..

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Thank you Mummybee and Dannylad. I was thinking bfs... can that be brought on by anxiety? To be fair this twitching has gone on for months and months with no other symptoms apart from what I feel to be weakness but not real weakness if you get what I mean? And yeah that's EXACTLY how my pains are like sometimes it feels like my legs are squeezing or being tended up in certain places and the pain happens then it stops! What a palava! I am so sick of this it's like never ending worry about something.xxxx

BFS is almost always caused by Anxiety. Your anxiety over ALS is definitely causing and perpetuating your twitching.

I just don't wanna go to the docs ... I'm convinced I'm dying and it's a really bad place to be :( ..xxx

" what I feel to be weakness but not real weakness if you get what I mean?" I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been going through the same but it is getting better. I think it's due to the nervous system being overloaded and trying to recover. You feel weaker because maybe it feels harder to do things but when you physically test yourself you realise you're doing just fine strength wise even with the pains/twitching.

Yeah that's very true. Do you ever seriously feel like you've genuinely got something seriously wrong? Because you honestly feel so ill and sick and constantly just feel drained like I seriously don't think my body has ever felt like this. It's like I KNOW something isn't right ! And I need to sort it out but I'm too scared to go doctors!! Like I'm twitching all over right now! awful it is !

Twitching is NOT a symptom of ALS, it's a byproduct of it. Meaning, you'd already have the disease and have serious deficits somewhere. You said this has been happening 2 years? A lot of people with ALS are DEAD in 2 years. You 100000000% do not have ALS. ALS is a disease of weakness. Unless you're weak, you don't have it.

Nah I've been having the constant twitches for about 8 months or so I'd say. Now I'm worried it's like an electrolyte abnormality :/ thanks for your response xxx

If you're really too afraid of the doctors maybe try picking up Magnesium or Vit B12 up from the vitamin isle - see if that works.

However - your doctor will be the only person to be able to determine if something is wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information