Thread: Which intrusive thoughts you have?

Which intrusive thoughts you have?

Can people with i trusive thoughts writte here which intrusive thoughts they have?

Re: Which intrusive thoughts you have?

Hi.

In the past, I used to get all kinds of intrusive thoughts - regarding harming others/self, inappropriate thoughts about children or even animals, existence etc, but these were just momentary and they didn't freak me out because I was not anxious and paid little mind to them.

Since my anxiety came back, I've been struggling mainly with the ones regarding reality/existence and in the past few days, I started struggling with thoughts of harming others or myself or getting intrusive thoughts and/or images of myself in a psychotic state, hearing voices, having delusions... These are pure hell, for a couple of hours I totally wanted to go and admit myself into the hospital as I was convinced I was 'getting' schizophrenia, I was getting panic attacks from the fear I'd harm someone from my family or my dog or from the worry I'd start believing my intrusive thoughts about delusions, but the fact that I get better when occupied/calmed down/less anxious has helped.

What are yours?

Anyway, hope you're having a nice day.

Tons, so this may get updated! Mine were a mixture of thoughts, images and urges.

- harming others, family mostly but also strangers. Seeing myself conducting a very violent act.
    - seeing images of loved ones and having a thought they would be harmed by me thinking of them.
    - some sexual imagery tied in with the harm theme.
    - being attacked by others e.g. jumped out on, attacked with knives or acid, etc.
    - being run over.
    - jumping off bridges.
    - walking into traffic.
    - veering into other vehicles or running pedestrians over.
    - bricks coming through my windows...and weirdly even planes!
    - images of me bashing my head to pieces against walls.

The list goes on!

I also had a lots of intrusive thoughts :
    - started with images harming my loved one
    - than scared of suicide,that i wil lose control and kill myself :(
    - now the most recent is fear of psychosis , i read the simptoms and started thinking about them all the time:
    read that shizophrenics belive that someone is controling tham, than i go for a shop and start to think "maybe someone controls me to spend all my money..." such a stupiiid thoughts that makes me really scared that i becoming a shizophrenic,
    or i read that shizophrenics has a paranoia and they believe that evryone is against them, and afcorse i start to think " maybe all the people are against me cuz they are in some kind of organizations" , the more crazy the thought is the more it scares me. But i try to calm myself down and i said to myself " its just a thought its not something i believe in" but afcorse its not that easy cuz im scared eventually i will start to believe in and it wont be just a thought anymore :(

existence like why are we here? and solipsism

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scareeed View Post
    I also had a lots of intrusive thoughts :
    - started with images harming my loved one
    - than scared of suicide,that i wil lose control and kill myself :(
    - now the most recent is fear of psychosis , i read the simptoms and started thinking about them all the time:
    read that shizophrenics belive that someone is controling tham, than i go for a shop and start to think "maybe someone controls me to spend all my money..." such a stupiiid thoughts that makes me really scared that i becoming a shizophrenic,
    or i read that shizophrenics has a paranoia and they believe that evryone is against them, and afcorse i start to think " maybe all the people are against me cuz they are in some kind of organizations" , the more crazy the thought is the more it scares me. But i try to calm myself down and i said to myself " its just a thought its not something i believe in" but afcorse its not that easy cuz im scared eventually i will start to believe in and it wont be just a thought anymore :(
    Believe me, this is exactly my greatest fear - what if I lose control, what if I start believing these thoughts? For example today, I turned on a video game for my cousin and all out of sudden, I thought 'what if I start believing that I live in a video game', which freaked me out.

Also on a more positive note, regarding the violent intrusive thoughts, I've found they have actually made me more caring, calmer (if that is even possible) and nicer to people. Believe me, it gets better.

Hope you're having a nice day.

People with harm based thoughts worry they will become a violent psycho. Those with POCD worry they will turn into a paedophile. Those worrying about schizophrenia fear they will turn into one.

There's the common issue. Fear of becoming the monster or becoming ill. Fear they will drastically change. But what we are missing is that all the elements of our anxiety are pointing to the opposite.

With some themes it is challenging deep beliefs e.g. solipsism or religious thoughts.

Like all intrusive thoughts it's just a system looking to evoke the strongest fear based negative reaction which reinforces the cycle. Reinforces the importance of it's existence. It won't get this by blurting out "you're low on milk".

As for fear of outside control, for some it's just about fear of more severe mental illness again. I've come across OCDers having this from aliens, the supernatural, etc. And then there are those with Magical Thinking who see or hear something, from TV perhaps, and think it's a sign they are more likely to get X.

I often view intrusive thoughts as a list of possible actions being ran past the conscious mind like a brainstorming exercise where often the unlikely or pointless are often written on a white board just to rule them out when the person saying them to the group in the exercise knows already they are worthless and only to tick it off a list to show all options get considered.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 23-07-17 at 14:41.

Like all intrusive thoughts it's just a system looking to evoke the strongest fear based negative reaction which reinforces the cycle. Reinforces the importance of it's existence. It won't get this by blurting out "you're low on milk".

^^^^ Terry this is so true. Also it gave me a real good laugh. Thanks

Thread Information