Thread: feel like my bodys going to shut down

feel like my bodys going to shut down

does anyone else get this horrible feeling?
    When im relaxing or at hairdressers etc, i can just feel that im going to have a brain hemmorage,stroke or heart attack etc these horrible thoughts come into my head and then i start to feel strange ie dizzy, churning tummy, head full of pressure and so on.
    I often get these thoughts when im trying to sleep, sometimes my whole body goes real calm and i feel faint my hands start to tingle, vision goes odd etc.
    is this real health anxiety? because right now i feel like a prisoner in my own body.
    thanks for reading luv tracie xxxx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

Hi Tracie,
    You're not alone. Sometimes I feel this way too, and it's when I relax as well! I guess it's just when we don't have our minds occupied that we have time to focus on these things. I've actually begun to realize that when my hands are tingling and my vision flashes that I'm just suffering from anxiety and not a neural problem or a heart problem. It's almost comforting to be able to recognize it! Good luck to you!

hi tracie
    i really do understand how you are feeling right now
    i too have similar symptoms and always think its something more sinister.i just wish we could believe what the doctors tell us,as i think the key to becoming better is to have belief that it is anxiety and that it will not harm us!
    take care
    rach x

HI TRACIE YES I GET THESE FEELINGS TOO,AND ALSO WHEN IM RELAXED THEN GET MY SELF IN A STATE.I HAVE RECEENTLY STARTED TO SAY TOO MYSELF DONT BE STUPID STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS,AND I TRY TO GET MY MIND ON TO SOMETHING ELSE.THIS DOES HELP ALOT.TAKE CARE TRACY

Hi yes, I know exactly what its like, I thought I must be the only one that panicked about being relaxed!

Sometimes if I listen to a meditation tape and get to the really relaxed stage, I feel like I am 'shutting down' and suddently have this panick and jolt myslef out of the relaxed state - sometimes I put off doing my daily relaxation as i know when I get to that state I will panic!

Have to take comfort in it must be doing some good up until that point - sounds daft that you could ever be 'too relaxed' !

Take care xxx

I get this sometimes too. Sometimes I just have this feel like I'm dying. It is a strange sensation but it's almost as if I'm too weak to move (not my muscles, just my body if that makes any sense) or even speak. I think " my body is shutting down, it's giving up." Sometimes I think it's cancer or something coming to an end. But it always goes away and I'm still alive and kickin!

Thread Information