Thread: Feeling very nervous

Feeling very nervous

Hi all.

I could do with a little bit of reassurance please.
    I haven't been out on my own for quite a while, mainly down to the fact that I have been ill for the past couple of weeks, I did go out with my daughters to do a bit of Christmas shopping and did ok.
    I have got to go somewhere on my own this afternoon and I can feel the anxiety rising although I'm trying to keep it in check, I really don't want to go but have no choice.
    I'm already planning all possible scenarios in my mind..as I haven't accomplished much recently, the doubts have crept in and I'm convinced that I'm going to have a "wobbly". All the "what-ifs" are hammering at my brain
    Encouragement very welcome at the moment

Re: Feeling very nervous

Ladybird

Its Mrs Anxiety up to her tricks again, well done on going out with your daughter, you can do this hun, its a wobble, I have had a little trick that is keeping me going, I am trying to give Anxiety a special time when I can be as anxious as it wants me to be, ie

I keep saying to myself I haven't time to do this anxiety lark right now, but if you come back at say 12 o'clock I can give you my full attention then. It seems to be working as the allocated time comes I am usually preoccupied with something else and it doesn't rear its head, I know this sounds a bit bonkers but on occassions this has worked for me.

Heather

Bonkers or not..I'll give it a go!
    Thanks Heather, I know that I will be alright, in the sense that I will go and do what I have to do, it's just the fear that I'm going to have such a rough time doing it.
    You know what I mean..
    Off to grab a cuppa before the big adventure!

Yes,i find the negative thoughts are far worse than the reallity,once you are out there you'll feel a lot better for getting it over with and it willgive you a bit of a boost,i know how you feel as i suffer from social and agoraphobia ,good luck.

I find the apprehension mostly worse than the actual experience. Once you are immersed the anxiety will usually subside with time but waiting it just builds and builds.

I hope your trip went well.

All the best

Nechtan

Thread Information