Thread: dosulepin

Question dosulepin

ive just been prescribed dosulepin by gp has anyone had experience of these pills and how did they help, im wary of taking tablets and would appreciate any advice
    thanks
    loz

Re: dosulepin

Hi there

I will move this to the medication forum.

Put dosulepin in the search facility at the top and it will show you all previous posts about it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have fifteen years experience of dothiepin I'm on 150mg. It is an older tricyclic anti depressant. It can be fairly sedating until your body gets used to the dose. It might be used where modern ssris have failed. The current NICE guidelines are to get people off dothiepin unless there is no alternative as it is very toxic in overdose. What dose have you been started on Loz?

hi
    the doc has put me on 75mg which i take at bedtime. felt strange when i got up this morning vision blurry and felt tired! even though i only got up late
    loz

I did post yesterday but my post has disappeared! Dothiepin is an older tricyclic and is an older anti depressant. It is sometimes used when newer ssris have failed. It is fairly sedating even the next day and this might take a while to get used to. You might start on 75mg and your doctor may increase the dose up to 150mg. Higher doses have been reported. I was on 175mg for ages. Your depression and anxiety should lift in about three to six weeks. It is a long time ago since I first went on it but I remember feeling drowsy the next day also dry mouth and constipation. I hope this helps. PM me if I can be of any further help.

I too had dothiepin 15 years ago for post natal depression. It helped me then. Good luck

Thread Information