Thread: A bigger step

A bigger step

Hi guys,

Well so far so good this week, I have been keeping you posted as to my progress and generally I feel I have been doing well. I have been on tubes, trains and been to shops by myself which has been scary but I have managed to do it!! Your words of encouragement have so helped me. Anyway tonight is a bit of a bigger step for me. I have arranged to meet friends in the West End. I have to travel a new route to a tube station I have never been to and I have to do this by myself. As you can probably imagine I am quite nervous but am determined to do it. It is a relatively simple journey, seven stops on one tube, then change and two stops on another tube. However it is unfamiliar territory so just thinking about it is getting the old heart racing! My friends have said they are happy to meet me at the tube station, bless them but what I would really appreciate is a few words of wisdom from you guys as you can probably imagine exactly how I am feeling. My main worry is that the tubes may go wrong due to weather and of course places are going to be over crowded. My worry is that I will get to a station then the tube driver will say he can not go on cause of weather then how will I get to my frineds. I am worried that I will be stuck in no mans land.

Could you give me some advice please, it would be much appreciated

Thanks, lots of love
    Charlotte xx

Dear Charlotte,

Many congratulations for doing so very well !!

Tonight, you will have 3 choices:

a) wait till he does decide to go on
    b) retrace your steps
    c) find alternate transpost ie buses, overland if out on periphery, taxi or walk .

spoilt for choice - you will not get stuck in no mans land. It may take you longer but not stranded. By this evening , the tubes will either have packed up already or will be fine- it's going to be better weather than last night .

Remember a mobile so you can be in contact with friends should you need to get a bus instead

Have a great time.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi sam,

you should be writing this in success stories,as your doing so well..great news.

ive been on the tube today,and the word is,that there are a few short delays,due to drivers unable to get to work,but its nothing drastic,and so your journey should be okay.

enjoy your night out,and let us know tomorrow,how you got on...best wishes..bryan.

Hiya Charlotte,

No fear mate, you will do just fine. you have done so well so far and you will tonight. Stop worrying about the "WHAT IF`s" and the "MAYBE`S" just concentrate on the fun you are going to have with your friends and how you will have been successful in accomplishing yet another goal. I know you are a bit nervous, but think only of the positive things, and just knowing that you are soooo determined to do this, should relieve some of the stress. You have already made up your mind no matter what you are going to do this. So stop worrying, you have the worst decision behind you. Wondering if you can do it or not, you know you are, so calm down dear. You will do fine.Post tomorrow like Bryan said and let us know how you did.

Take care, Love

Diana xxxxx

Hi guys,

Well I did it!!! It was challenging and I was pretty shaky but I decided to do my make up on the tube so I had something to do rather than just sitting there. This definitely helped. There were no delays or changes to journey which was great and I really really feel that now I have done this I can start to do even bigger things! It is such a nice feeling and now I am actually starting to believe my positive thoughts rather than my negative thoughts. I even laughed last night at one of my panic thought whilst I was having it. I began to think that perhaps I had arranged to meet my friends at a different tube station and then just giggled and thought no you didn't!!

Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement!

I hope that you guys are all having good panic free days.

Lots of love
    Charlotte xxx

WELL DONE CHARLOTTE!!!!

You did so well.

Glad that you coped and I bet you feel real good about yourself now!

Kate x

Fantastic news . well done !

Meg

Good for you Charlotte. You did just grand!!!!!!!!! Now you have opened the doors to doing so much more with confidence. Good thing you were able to laugh at your panic thoughts, that is definitely healing in itself isn`t it? Keep us posted on your other adventures to let us know how you are getting along.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

Well done Charlotte !
    Just the fact you are thinking about trying something new is a fantastic achievement.

Try not to worry about it too much. It takes a lot of weather to take a tube train out, and if worst comes to the worst you can always take a taxi to meet your friends.

I think it's great you are doing so well - well done !

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Thread Information