Hello all,

Over the years I've been on many, many medications. Fluoxetine, Welbutrin, Abilify, Effexor to name a few. It has helped my anxiety overall, but I've traded a lessened anxiety (which I've come a long way with in conjunction with exercise, therapy, supplements, etc) for a kind of... blunted emotional state. I brought that up to her yesterday.

Another huge issue for me, which has been a consistent issue or awhile now, is a lack of focus. I remember it starting around ten years ago or so (high school, so actually 11 or so years ago), and it has fluctuated ever since. 4ish years ago I tried Adderall, but that spiked my anxiety after less than a week of use (but the focus was insanely good). I tried Strattera under the guidance and care of a new Psych, but that had the worst side effects I've ever had (Anxiety, Sexual issues). But now my newest, current Psych wants to start a new medication - Vyvanse.

After our conversation where I vented my concerns about my lack of focus, we talked about it. I told her I felt like maybe the lack of focus was hindering my ability to properly filter emotions and thoughts. If I think about something, my thoughts trail off. For educational stuff, if I am reading, for example, my eyes physically scan the words, but after a few sentences my mind isn't retaining the information and my mind is elsewhere. She said it seems I may have some ADD/ADHD (I forget which) that is affected by internal stimuli and not external (stereotypical ADD/ADHD where someone is doing something and a butterfly flies by, for example, and they have to basically watch it), therefore my own mind is causing the issues, if that makes sense. She then prescribed the aforementioned Vyvanse at a low dose of 20mg.

I am already on Trintellix and Deplin, as well as Testosterone Replacement Therapy, so I am fearful of taking so many medications. I am like a walking pharmacy... But I cannot go on in this state where my mind isn't running on all cylinders, you know? I am primarily fearful that the Vyvanse will increase my anxiety. Some people online (I know, searching online about medication and anything medically-related is a bad idea) say that is helps their anxiety, whereas others state that it gave them more anxiety, especially initially.

It's important to note that I always get rather anxious about taking anything new, whether it's a new medication or a new supplement. But I do trust my doctor - she's great and the best Psych I've had so far.