Thread: too much self assessment

too much self assessment

I am fed up of thinking 'will this be too stressful for me', 'will this make me feel anxious', 'am I to tired to do something' but I don't know how to stop. A year after this all started I still worry I will do something to cause a total attack. My anxiety has increased recently too, it is mainly about money. Everything is so expensive! Feeling like this all the time is making me feel quite depressed, and now I am worry or obsessing over whether I am depressed and whether I will get to a stage of not being able to function well again.

Any ideas?

Re: too much self assessment

Just do it! Do whatever it is you want, when you want and don't let those thoughts take you over. Since I've had this panic disorder and found out that I was suffering with agoraphobia as well (I didn't realise I was avoiding going certain places) I have made it my mission to get out. I've had PA's whilst being out but I have survived them on every occasion and the days in between them are getting wider - even the rising sensation that something is going to happen is getting less. Be strong, be brave - you can do it!!

Hi

I "just do it" a lot - avoid a lot of stuff too though. However, the anxiety does not seem to lessen. I can't seem to let the thoughts go of "can I can't I, shall I shan't I" would love to know how to drop the thoughts.

Love to all x
    Yvonne

I sing whether aloud or in my head - I find the most infectious song I know - you know the kind that won't leave you no matter how you try? I often find the thoughts go quite quickly but I'm left with the song longer than I would like but it's a small price to pay!

The other thing I do is just brazen things out. I've always done this even before my panic disorder and I'm finding it's coming in very useful now! No matter how frightened or embarrassed I may feel I pretend I don't care even though inside I do and am a quivering wreck but the amount of times people have told me I am brave when I really am not helps me a great deal. On other occasions I get so angry with myself that I tell myself off (in my head of course - I'm mad but not that mad!!) for letting those thoughts get the better of me. I don't always win but I'm getting better at it and as I said before the days in between the attacks are getting longer.

I know the way everyone thinks is different but it's finding a way that will work for you. I've never been a person that believes I can't do anything if I set my mind to it. Who'd have thought my stubborn streak would be so helpful to me now! I like control and won't let this condition control me because I know if I give in and let it, it will.

Thread Information