Thread: Feeling lonely and isolated and confused

Feeling lonely and isolated and confused

I've been feeling a bit depressed recently for probably the first time in my life (I'm 31). Even though I've posted in this subforum before, I just don't remember feeling like this before.

I've had anxiety for 10 years and I just feel like... society is really disconnected and lonely and I'm tired of being alone. I'm tired of not feeling like I belong, you know? I'm tired of isolation and alienation. I'm tired of people being rude and mean and everything being complicated and difficult. I just want things to be simple and fun and social. Why can't they be like this? :(

Re: Feeling lonely and isolated and confused

The answer is "they can be"... ...but not all of the time.

There will be people in life that are a negative influence on society. But do not concern yourself with them. You cannot control this.

All you can control is your own input into society.

My suggestion would be to take small steps to enhance society yourself. Be the change you want to see. Not in any big way, but make sure you are contributing positively in small ways each day.

You get back what you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    I've been feeling a bit depressed recently for probably the first time in my life (I'm 31). Even though I've posted in this subforum before, I just don't remember feeling like this before.

I've had anxiety for 10 years and I just feel like... society is really disconnected and lonely and I'm tired of being alone. I'm tired of not feeling like I belong, you know? I'm tired of isolation and alienation. I'm tired of people being rude and mean and everything being complicated and difficult. I just want things to be simple and fun and social. Why can't they be like this? :(
    I feel the same. I really think it depends on where you live. I live in the UK & I really believe that in other countries such as Spain or Sweden/Norway you wouldn't meet many rude/mean/aggressif people cause the Scandinivians are know to be nice & polite. Infact the Swedish/Norwegians are the friendliest people in Europe it's a well know fact & IME too.
    I just wish people would be nice,friendly & warm instead of being hostile,unpleasent & being bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutralview View Post
    ... in other countries such as Spain or Sweden/Norway you wouldn't meet many rude/mean/aggressif people cause the Scandinivians are know to be nice & polite. Infact the Swedish/Norwegians are the friendliest people in Europe it's a well know fact & IME too.
    I guess this friendliness might be true for the Norwegians. Swedes are more like most people, I guess. A day doesn't go by without seeing some news about something horrendous, a stabbing here, a shoot-out there, pennyless beggars outside the grocery store, etc. etc.

Anyway, I think the loneliness might partly be an age thing (being 31) and partly because it is in the wake of a broken heart (the Australia issue, I saw your post). I think the solution might be to start thinking about what kind of places you could go and visit in order to meet with new and friendly people. Seek out things that make you feel somewhat better, even if it is just an inkling.

Thread Information