Thread: Too intense, for the worse and better

Too intense, for the worse and better

The second night without sleeping. Right now I just get out of bed, and I can't relax. This evening I got very agitated with a group meeting related to a hobby in which I am involved with weekly evening meetings.

I have the tendency to give 200% in the activities that I am enthusiastic about, and this is exhausting. That's the problems of worries too. When I am worried (most of the day) I get very intense about it, and dwell on the problems thinking that everything will go wrong. It seems there isn't a middle term, i experience extreme joy or I experienced extreme pain.

For what I see, anxiety does not have a cure, but at least it is manageable. I have lived most (all?) of my life with anxiety even only realizing it very recently. I even did talk therapy for 2 years, the therapist telling me that my problem was anxiety but I didn't believe it. I had the theory at the time that I was bipolar because of extreme feelings with ups and downs.

Re: Too intense, for the worse and better

Quote Originally Posted by eleveno View Post
    The second night without sleeping. Right now I just get out of bed, and I can't relax. This evening I got very agitated with a group meeting related to a hobby in which I am involved with weekly evening meetings.

I have the tendency to give 200% in the activities that I am enthusiastic about, and this is exhausting. That's the problems of worries too. When I am worried (most of the day) I get very intense about it, and dwell on the problems thinking that everything will go wrong. It seems there isn't a middle term, i experience extreme joy or I experienced extreme pain.

For what I see, anxiety does not have a cure, but at least it is manageable. I have lived most (all?) of my life with anxiety even only realizing it very recently. I even did talk therapy for 2 years, the therapist telling me that my problem was anxiety but I didn't believe it. I had the theory at the time that I was bipolar because of extreme feelings with ups and downs.
    Hi, I have suffered from anxiety for many years. I often have felt I have Bi-Polar because I go through mood swings. Sometimes I have extreme anxiety, and then I begin to feel a bit better, a bit more relaxed, which in turn makes me a bit happier. I then begin to wonder if this is a sign of Bi-Polar. It makes sense that we can't feel shit for ever, surely?

I worry about sleep constantly, to the point where I end putting stress on napping in the evening, reducing the stress of sleeping the night. If I've had a nap for an hour two, I don't need to worry about sleeping great, because I have napped. Its something I've done for years, plus everyone falls asleep on the sofa. I also feel like I am the same here, in the fact I've had anxiety all my life, and only just noticed in 2010,was when I was aware, and since then I feel like I'm always prone to it. It sucks massively, and if there is no cure, all we can do is try to battle against the anxiety. Using this No More Panic seems to help, so far as maybe it will help me actually accept I have anxiety.

I would say it's normal to give 200% to activities you enjoy. What's the point in giving 200% to something you hate? I sometimes enjoy my job and try to give 200%, but then there's times I am asked to do something and I hate it, but will still try give it a good go. I don't know, I do think that doing extra on things you enjoy makes sense though.

Thanks for your reply GaryP. It seems the experience of the mood swings it's very similar for us.

I think relaxation will help you out ,search on youtube for some advanced relaxation tehniques and also meditation these are helpful for calm of mind and body

Quote Originally Posted by eleveno View Post

Are you on some sort of meds: beta blockers,benzos,anti depressents??

Thread Information