Thread: INTERNAL FEELINGS OF HATE AND RAGE - GAD - Is this a symptom?

INTERNAL FEELINGS OF HATE AND RAGE - GAD - Is this a symptom?

Hi - I have a friend that i have posted about on both the OCD forum and this one before, so i will not describe his severe GAD symptoms (OCD thoughts/DP/DR depression/panic) again in this post. However, Pete my friend is desperate and so sick of the internal hatred and internal rage he feels from waking in the morning till the night. He has begged me to take away his hateful feelings, especially the ones he says he has for me as he wants me to be around and support him through his recovery.

His plea to rid the hate ASAP, tells me he doesnt 'actually hate' me or anyone else, but perhaps this is an aspect of depression and hitting rock bottom. He says it enrages him when he sees and hears us with our normality. Is he extending his anger at himself outward toward us or is this some other common feature of severe long term GAD?

One other thing - he says exercise makes him feel more internal rage and suicidal. I have said that perhaps he is meant to feel this after exercise as he has an overload of adrenalin and what ever his feelings are even the negative ones, he needs to be feeling them rather than disassociating from them. I have told him to exercise daily as much as possible and that in time the excess adranalin will lessen and perhaps he will not feel so much internal rage (as rage is energy). Any thoughts on this post will be appreciated!!! Thanks

Re: INTERNAL FEELINGS OF HATE AND RAGE - GAD - Is this a symptom?

hiya i really think your friend needs some professional help hun and its great that u are helping to support him but its a lot on your shoulders and you can still support him but he needs to see a doctor and be brutally honest about how he is feeling and mayb some meds or counselling to get to the root cause of his problems as something must have triggered this and once u deal with that he may be able to start to recover, u will get advice on here and support too hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Re: INTERNAL FEELINGS OF HATE AND RAGE - GAD - Is this a symptom?

I agree with Donna - this is a lot for you to handle on your own hun.

I used to be an extremely angry person and I felt hate for the world around me and extreme impatience and irritation with friends and family. But I think this was all just a reflection on how I felt about myself inside.

I think your friend should go and see his GP and ask to be referred for therapy, he sounds like he needs to talk this through with a professional.

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Thread Information