Thread: zopiclone

zopiclone

Any1 had zopiclone and hows does it effect your panic anxiety?

Re: zopiclone

Didn't make panic any worse but was rubbish for what it is designed - making you sleep lol.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I gave taken it for years as a sleeping tablet and it works for me. It only lasts about 4/5 hours though. Good luck x

Zopiclone is a "stage 2" sleeping hypnotic... won't help knock you out but is SUPPOSED to help you STAY asleep during stage two kip and have less of those horrible "keepy waky up" moments... it has a "short half life" so it's out your system quite quickly and wouldn't have any particular affect of panic anxiety UNLESS it helped you sleep through if you suffer the problem of waking in a panic. Short term usage only drug though as has dependence capabilities.
    Last edited by WillLatch; 18-08-09 at 20:54.

It didnt really affect my panic, nor did it help me sleep.....but then again nothing does

On a technical level it acts in the same way as benzos, so yeah it has some degree of anti-anxiety properties, that in theory may continue for a few hours max after the sedative effect. Shouldnt make it worse x

a great drug if i feel panicky during day take half works within min and calms me down

Zopiclone is a sleeping med/sedation medication.

I find it's pretty crap, it doesn't work for me, I have to take something stronger which is Zolpidum (spelling).

I have taken zopiclone in the past and it has no effect on my panic states. It can however induce sleep walking which I am particularily prone to . Because of this unwanted side effect I have stopped taking it. I dont want to experience sleepwalking when I am on my own usually when I would need a sleeping pill. I need to ask my GP for something else.

Thread Information