Thread: Venlafaxine HCL 75mg SA Cap

Venlafaxine HCL 75mg SA Cap

I am a 59 year old Vietnam Veteran who went through some real bad depression years after the fact. I was in my late 40's before I felt anything even remotly associated with depression. I was seen at the VA Hospital in Houston, TX and went through just about everything on the formally in the pharmacy before Venlafaxine was prescribed. It has been the best thing that has happened with my depression. I take one capsule every morning and two at bedtime. It has turned my life around. Since I have been on this medication, I have married, own a home and function normally. I am still retired due to physical problems, but I except my limitations with ease. I do know that this is a 'very expensive drug' which does limit it's use. Has anyone else had an experience with Venlafaxine? Please let me know.

Re: Venlafaxine HCL 75mg SA Cap

Hi Tom and welcome aboard - lovely to see you here and glad it is helping.

If you enter Venlafaxine in the search box you will find loads of posts about it. Alternatively scroll down to the bottom of this page and read the "Similar Threads".

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Venlafaxine HCL 75mg SA Cap

I was on Venlafaxine Efexor - once a day back in 2002 for severe depression/anxiety - it kicked in after 2-3 weeks and was miraculous to be honest. Stayed on it for 6 months and then symtoms came back after going off it. Was told I should have stayed on it for a year initially. Took it for another 6 months and then weaned off. I manage signs of return of depression now with exercise and yoga - and if I get stressed and can't sleep ( lack of sleep was first sign of problems originally) - then I take a couple of sleeping pills and they relax me and give me sleep and it seems to get rid of the anxiety.

Thread Information