Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon and liver

Cinnamon and liver

So I have been consuming large amounts of cinnamon for a month straight. Probably over 50grams a day, was hooked on the taste.
    Where my liver is, is sore but I didnt know cinnamon was toxic till now. Just wondering should I see a dr or just stop eating cinnamon and it will all clear up. Kind of scared but don't want to agitate my dr. I have been away from here for 2 years and have not been scared. Now I am in panic that I will have liver failure from this.

Can anyone find research or studies to say me 30yrs old 100 pounds will be safe if I just stop consuming it? I can't research it or I will panic

Re: Cinnamon and liver

Hi,

I'd just give it a rest for a while, you only need 1-6 grams a day. I just read that cinnamon can protect the liver, however everything in moderation is the best policy.
    You should have excellent sugar levels as cinnamon is good for that

Still in pain on the left side and really tired today (been off cinnamon since this forum was started) Now I am all panic about this thinking liver or kidney failure because I barely pee and when I do it smells and is dark and cloudy. I do not have a Infection we checked that.. Dr says we odnt need to do blood testing because before I over did the cinnamon my kidney and liver were just fine. She states there is no way to kill your organs with a month of silly choices.

I am now back to the old worry and lack of trust days... I am concerned I did something serious.

I need to ask.....50g? I mean one pot on my spice rack if 33g, so you were eating a pot and a half of cinnamon a day? Are you sure it wasn't 50mg?

was having about 4 tbs at a time in drinks foods (6 meals a day) 4 shakes a day each time with 4-6 tbs and now since all that i barely pee it stinks and it is so cloudy. Tested for uti

4-6 tablespoons of cinnamon 4 times a day ? Sorry to sound so astonished, but that is an extraordinary amount, and I don't know how you could even tolerate that strength of flavour to be honest. Your doctor knows the quantity you were having?

Well, its the Coumarin, as you will know, that causes the problem. Look, I dont think anybody here can give you an answer on this. If there is a medical problem from that quantity then only your doctor can do the necessary tests needed to ascertain any liver or kidney function changes. If you are feeling really unwell, have the pain and the symptoms you say, then maybe its time to get yourself back there for more checks.

I'm sorry I can't be more help than that. I'm also not trying to worry you to be honest, but I am presuming your doctor has generally checked you over physically and feels the concerns you have are unfounded?

Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, a couple of litres per day. This will get your water works going.

dr says my kidney/liver was great the month before I made this silly mistake. Stated it can be reversed ( i can only drink 250ml every 2 hours) had the nissen fundoplication wrap so my tummy is very small :P Thank you all for helping me by the way, you are preventing a relapse of HA. Just sore on that right side under the rib and bloated but not yellow so I dono I guess just go with the flow lol
    Last edited by SEANML; 09-02-18 at 23:09.

Just wondering if the whole poisoning myself lead to this pain, if it will go away or if I should push for testing... Wondering if it will clear up on its own. None of us are medical professionals but anyone else done something silly and recovered by stopping what caused the issue?

If you have really had, as you say above 4-6 TABLESPOONS of cinnamon 4 times a day, for a month, and you are in pain and have the symptoms you are describing - then yes I think I would ask for some other test. However, I am still struggling to understand how anyone could consume that much, and wondering if you are perhaps thinking it is more than it actually was in reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information