Thread: ZOLPIDEM and ZOPICLONE

ZOLPIDEM and ZOPICLONE

These sleeping drugs are good at helping you sleep. They are very, very dangerous if you stop taking them suddenly. I came off them about 4 months ago and i still feel strange.

Re: ZOLPIDEM and ZOPICLONE

Oooooer - wish I hadn't searched now.

Doc prescribed me Xopoclone when my insomnia came back with avengence. Before that I was drinking 2 bottles of wine, so could sleep quite easily.

One did nothing, so he doubled my dose. Tried 2 weeks on 15mg, and some nights slept great, others too much (17 hours), and the shortest one yet was last night for only 4 hours.

Been back to doc today, come away with 2 weeks of 10mg Zolpidem. He wants to review it again then.

I don't crave these tablets, I crave sleep. Staring at the ceiling for 5 hours a night before drifting off I always find frustrating.

Now I'm worried about withdrawal when I do stop. I agreed with my GP today Hypnotics aren't the way to go, so might be reducing again next time.

What are the side effects of coming off, and how concerned should I be ?

Krakers.

Re: ZOLPIDEM and ZOPICLONE

Seems a little narsistic replying to myself but hey - I always did like my own refelction.

I came off all sleepers 2 months ago. While my sleep is as erratic as ever, theres one less chemical in my brain to worry about.

Originally my choice was sleepers please ! And plenty of them !!

These days I take sleep as I find it. Without the drugs it will eventually reach its normal state. Something I'm striving towards, even though my sleep yo-yo's more than space hopper on a bouncy castle.

Sooner or later, the space hopper will burst and the bouncy castle deflate. That'll just leave me, sleep and good old REM (no, not the pop group) for company.

Then I can be my caveman self again and start throwing the alarm clock at the walll

Krakers.

Thread Information