Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many people work?

Re: How many people work?

Hi JD,

I enjoy my work and I'm definitely less anxious when I've got work. Personally, I would think very carefully if your promotion is going to be more stressful and less enjoyable.

Am 60 now (going on 45) so part time relieving teaching, about 3 days per week.

Those littlies keep you on your toes all day so you have no time to think about your Health Anxiety

I work. It has both pros and cons. I found it very difficult when my anxiety was at its peak and also tapering off medications and trying new ones. I had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalised for a month. Luckily I had long service leave I could use. I work for my parents also which makes it so much easier. I don't think I could not work. I get bored easily at home and find the boredom or lack of something to distract my mind makes me feel depressed. So even though it has been hard at times, I prefer to work.

I work 25 hours a week as a temp. I always worked full time before but my last job I just could not cope with the amount of work.
    I never want to work fulltime again.
    Thats how i got the anxiety.
    But once Im there Im ok.
    Just cant cope with some peoples attitudes at work and thats when Im close to crying.

I work. Sometimes I think it adds to my anxiety as I'm still fairly new to this line of work, but I enjoy it on the whole and I find it a good distraction (when I'm not having brain fog) from my overthinking.

I have little bits of work - I had been fostering full time - and have been struggling to get work. I think work would help me but I am in the midst of full blown panic attacks which have caused me huge stress in the past 3 days. I have not been able to eat, sleep well or sit still. I would not be able to work until this stops. I think part time work is better because the down times can be easier managed by going walks / the gym / taking time to make healthy meals from scratch.

I work.

There was a time when i felt that it wouldve been better to have some time off.

I teach yoga most mornings and evenings. Helps focus on others for a while. I also think it's good to share and be honest with my students as sometimes hey are stressed or down or anxious. It's important they know we all go thru something

Jacqueline

I work, I do contracting now as I struggle with anxiety / sleeping and oversleeping.

I've taken a demotion too, this helps with the stress

I'm about 3 weeks into my first full-time job (where I am not a student). I think it's good to get out of the house and it's certainly good to make some money and gain some independence.

I'm finding my job to be quite stressful; there's a lot to learn and my supervisors, though nice, can be rather nit-picky about how certain things are done. Sometimes it is necessary as there is a proper procedure to follow, but sometimes it just doesn't. For example, I got in a bit of trouble today because I sent an email out and forgot some attachments. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but one of my supervisors was upset.

I keep sane by telling myself I'm not doing this forever I'm considering going back to school and getting my master's degree as I can do some classes for free because I work at the university - then once completed I can move on and get a new job.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information