Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urine test - white cells

Urine test - white cells

Hi all, I am so panicke cant stop shaking. Hope someone has some knowledge on all this. I went to the drs who took a urine sample. Said there was no infection, but were lots of white cells. Told me ot was nothing to worry about. I looked online and it mentions kidney poblems, tumours etc etc. I am really scared, has anyone had this before. Have to wait till Thursday but I cany function at the moment.
    Please help, if youv'e had this

Re: Urine test - white cells

This one has hit me hard. I try to avoid tests, so this is a biggy for me to deal with

What is happening on Thursday?

I am sure if the doc isn't concerned then there is nothing to worry about at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ok I googled and found these:

The likely explanation is simple cystitis from a bladder infection.

Urine is a generally thought of as a sterile body fluid, therefore, evidence of white blood cells or bacteria in the urine is considered abnormal and may suggest a urinary tract infection such as, bladder infection (cystitis), infection of kidney (pyelonephritis).

So as you can see it can be perfectly harmless and just an infection.

Stop googling cos you are looking at the wrong sites

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nic,

Thank you, just wish I could stop the old mind from going round. Thursday is when I get my results from the lab... Im concerned as the dip stick, never picked up an infection, only extra white cells.

Ive been looking on loads of sites:-)

Hi hun
    I had same thing a few months ago and it turned out to be a urinary tract infection im sure youll be ok
    Take care
    xx

I am getting fed up with this,why am, i thinking it is something really serious. I keep googling, the same old thing, keep telling myself that it cant be just an infection. Cant function, cant eat, cant sleep. Had enough now :-(

Stop googling and stop worrying please.

I am sure it will all be ok and you have got wound up over nothing and wasted all this time and energy on it.

Do you have any other symptoms?

The only symptoms I have is i'm itchy, lower back ache, (going to wee a lot, which has eased off) (Pelvic pain, when going, this has eased off aswell ), have lot of wind and indegetion. Diarreahoa on and off. There wasn't anything else in the test, tht showed up. I am worried about kidney cancer/failure, leukemia and bladder cancer. I did have fungal infection in the groin a few weeks ago. I was given cortisone for this, but no antibiotics. I feel like i'm going mad, and that the only outcome is something serious. I can't eat of sleep at the moment.

Thanks for the replies

Well why not think positively that the only outcome is an infection and nothing more.

You have to stop worrying please cos it will make you ill and if you think about it it serves no real purpose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information