Thread: ANYONE get this? Strange sensation! PLEASE help

ANYONE get this? Strange sensation! PLEASE help

This has happened before on and off before, but it hasn't lasted this long. I'm completely obessed!
    My right side has felt funny for about 3 weeks now. It will come and go and is never "painful" so to speak. It will feel tight and I'll do a side stretch and it feels better, and it loosens up after a nice shower. I was moving boxes for a garage sale and don't remember pulling an oblique or anything but I was turning and twisting to get boxes moved etc. Anyway, I got home and thought I was having bowel problems but I'm going like normal (not going to give alot of detail on that! LOL) and it "travels" like it will feel tight in my back by the ribs... then down by my hip (all right side) and then in my middle. It doesn't feel like it's a stomach ache... just really tight. I tend to tighten my muscles when tense which is most of the time lately. At times I can feel twitches from my intestines, but that's not unusual. So, I'm thinking I have cancer of the intestines, bowels, muscle... something terrible. I'm trying to tell myself that I'm fine. I can play with the kids, go shopping, I'm able to eat... be gassy and etc... lol... I can carry laundry etc... and sleep all night. I do have IBS but it's not terrible, I haven't lost weight or have any blood in stools etc... So I'm fine... RIGHT??? LOL I've nearly died from alot of fictional things, last summer it was heart troubles and I wore the monitor and it was stress... no shock there... I really don't want to go in bc I'm terrified that 1) they'll say I have a deadly something or other... and 2) IF I'm ok... they'll really think I'm nuts! lol And what would I say? "Doctor, my right side doesn't hurt but feels funny and doesn't feel the same as my left side... when I poke at it 50 times a day." I can't say that! LOL
    This "tightness" always feels worse when I'm feeling anxious and I'm "checking" it daily... ALOT and poking at it... comparing sides etc... so I've probably made it more tense. My goal is to not touch it for a couple days, work out and see how it feels... if it's not better, I might go in. I'm just SO scared. I had my period with no incidence so I really don't know what this could be. Funny thing is, is that my knee that usually hurts daily hasn't hurt at all since this started... and my shoulder doesn't hurt when my knee hurts and my jaw doesn't hurt when my shoulder hurts... see where this is going? LOL I think tense muscle pain travels to whatever I tense up... this month my torso?
    Sorry to ramble on, but I'm scared!!
    Any help or similar feeling would be greatly appreciated!!

i have actually had this. and i think you may have solved it yourself! it is a strange feeling, like a tight,jelly feeling, the sort youd usually get in your legs when nervous? but a little tighter. i have a natural health book and it states that your body will tighten and ache the parts you use your most, i figured out that i lean on my right side when sat on the couch etc. maybe a nice hot lavander bath would do the trick. try sitting up straight too if you think your posture could be playing a part.
    Hope this helps
    Becci x

My posture is TERRIBLE!!! LOL How long does this last for you? I took a shower and it loosened up a bit... I think it would go away if I could just stop thinking about it. It's like someone has their fist in there pulling...
    Isn't this fun? LOL

hi,
    i have had a similar sort of thing for the last 3 months. mine too is my right side. my rib area feels tender and this seems to radiate round to my chest, underarm and shoulder. it dosn't hurt as such but feels bruised. i also get on and off a tingling feeling in the same areas.
    some days i hardley notice it but some days its all i think about. i was (and still am to some degree) convinced i had breast cancer.
    was checking myself for lumps everyday and yes the prodding did make it worse.

i am right handed so i suppose that makes my aching worse with using my right side more.

all the best
    penny

Sometimes it can last for days, like on and off, the more i 'check' if its still there, the worse it gets. I have tried changing my posture, its so hard though when its a habit! i tend to stand leaning on my right with my legs crossed, use my right hand etc. But my posture is improving, if i remember to stand straight,sit up straight etc ill soon get into the habit of it!
    A good moisturiser also helps to massage the area too, loosen up those muscles!

Well, I worked out today and really stretched and it seems better... but I'm bloated from gas (it's always something). I am going to work out for a couple of weeks and drink my water and take some fiber (even tho I can go... it's a real strain... sorry tmi lol) and cross my fingers it goes back to "normal" so I can focus on my next ailment! LOL

Thread Information