Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does summer affect you?

Question How does summer affect you?

Well the summer is here again. oh joy. Roll on winter I say.

When I am anxious I feel hot and cold, etc. So when I feel hot I feel anxious. I am getting better at telling myself that its only the weather and not the beginning of panic. But when its hot and stifling I feel like I cant breathe, which makes me anxious, which tightens my chest. I am doing ok at getting hold of it at that point most of the time, thank goodness because I work in some hot classrooms.

Does anyone else get affected by the weather? Winter is fine with me because I'm cool. Its just the summer. Don't think I'll be jetting off to the Costa Del Sol any time soon.....

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Re: How does summer affect you?

i love the summer i get the winter blues but where we live when its real hot we have air condition,but when you walk outside it hits you hard and i find it very hard to breathe, i work hard in the summer cleaning vacation homes and most dont have them but i learned to wear like an ice cold rag around my neck and wear a bandana wet around my forhead...i was told by a tip from a friend if you work and sweat put cornstarch powder in a pouch and put it in ya pockets wow amazing i didnt sweat in my shorts, you all know what i mean when ya work and sweat espcially outside ,just a little tip...... do you all use fans and does anyone use air condioners???? i wont turn my on in this new house since its central air unless its a heat wave bill gets to high.....or take a warm shower and lay down with the fan right on ya..............Linda xxx
    stay cool !!

I like the summer months.I always seem more cheerful when spring arrives.I do tend to get very tired when its to hot though.
    I like winter in some ways as I like to snuggle up in front of the fire, but I find my moods go down alot in the winter months.I dont want to get out of bed in the winter months,where as in summer I have no problem.
    I do feel the cold alot so do prefer summer.I still have my electric blanket on now when I go to bed

I can cope with the summer until it comes to the heatwaves and muggy nights as the discomfort really upsets my nervous system and my ability to breath well.

I find the bitter chill of winter bad news too - it seems I can't deal with extremes very well.

Give me the spring anytime!

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I hate humid weather. Pour with perspiration, feel I can't breathe. If I have to go anywhere I take a block of ice (the blue sort in a rectangle container you keep in the freezer which is liquid when not in freezer and you put in 'coolbags' to keep food cool.) I put my hands on it and it really helps cool me down. My fingers swell in the heat. I feel ill sunbathing unless I am on a breezy beach. I can't do the baking hot in the garden sort. I love the winter and frosty walks - feel really well! Brandy Snap xx

I can't take extremes either way - I'd be fine if it were 70 degrees and sunny all the time. Seems cloudy days make me tired - hot days make me tired - cold days make me tired - see a pattern here - LOL
    xxx
    Sandy

The sunny days are fab and make me feel sunny - my anxiety in the daytime is lower on average in the warmer weather.

however...

The nights can be worse - it's harder to sleep in the heat and the dawn breaks so early that twice in the last fortnight I have actually still been awake when the dawn chorus starts. I will definitly not be joining the RSPB - I feel like shooting the whole lot of them at those moments!!

PMT - Proof that God must be a man

Hi Insomniac

I can't stand the heat and humidity and they don't like me much either. My hair falls lank and lifeless, my makeup slides off and summer clothes just don't suit me. I feel like I can't breath, have no energy and just tend to 'flop'. I know it sounds miserable but bring on the autumn already!!!

Kay x

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    Does anyone else get affected by the weather? Winter is fine with me because I'm cool. Its just the summer. Don't think I'll be jetting off to the Costa Del Sol any time soon.....
    I really don't like the Summer at all. I do like a bit of sunshine, but I hate the heat and the light nights.

In the Winter if we are cold it's always easy to warm up, but if we have a heatwave in the Summer it's almost impossible to cool down.

Today has been particularly humid and dull here in the south east and I have to say I've found it really hard. I managed to go out but had to come home really quickly as the humidity was making me feel anxious

Summer sucks. I love the winter.

I'm all anxious about getting heat stroke (I live in the south of the US, and it gets HAWT here) and I make sure to always bring a bottle of water with me so I don't get dehydrated. The humidity is the worst part.

It was nearly 100 degrees the other day and it took me a good half hour in the air conditioned restaurant we were in to finally feel back to 'normal' and the back of the car even with air condition was sweltering.

In the Winter if we are cold it's always easy to warm up, but if we have a heatwave in the Summer it's almost impossible to cool down.
    Totally! I think that's what bothers me the most, it takes forever to cool down and that's what brings on the anxiety. XD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information