After a really terrible year (aememia, panic attacks and anxiety, an operation, a miscarriage) I saw my therapist again as I felt the intensity of the anxiety had changed (constant depersonalisation, dizzyness, weepyness and a feeling of lethagy, tirednes). She told me I had depression. The doctor has now prescribed Citalpram 20 mg which I am to take alongside another course of CBT.

I have however terrified myself reading the potential side effects. I have just had another 2 days off work with a chest infection and really really cannot hav any more time off (I am already late each day as I am finding it increasingly difficult to get out of bed at all and have had 5 weeks off already this year 1 week for chronic aemamia, 3 weeks operation and recovery, 1 week miscarriage).

I am however also desperate to feel better - everything is falling apart around me and I just have not got the motivation to fix it.

So - is it OK to cut the 20 mg Citalpram in half. Would reducing the dose to 10 mg give me lessened side effects? Should I take it at night - with your experience would it reduce the potential side effects?

Thanks in advance for your responses.