Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Excess stomach acid

Re: Excess stomach acid

Hello

Yes I get an acid taste and an awful cough, been treated for H Pylori thought I was better, how wrong could I be, got to have endosocpy end dec.

How long have you had the cough because I think there are a lot of nasty bugs going round at the moment with coughs that seem to linger on so it might not be related to your problem. Did you have antibotics for the Helebactor pylori?

Hi im paige, i was interested in the lansaprazol i was on them for a year before i realised that i was still getting the same symptoms so i came of them just to see and i feel better, Im not saying for you to do the same ! Anxiety causes your stomach to be upset. Another reason i came of them was the metalic taste i got all the time.

I get like weird 2 second spasm/pain in my sternum which goes through my back....i am left with an ache in between my shoulder blades. I stand up & burp & then bring bile up but it relives it?????

May want to check if you have gluten intolerance-which has classic symptoms of stomach acid,diarrhea,stomach pain,anxiety disorders and depression---

what are some foods which rich in gluten? I am wondering if thats where all my sympotms are comming from t hanks for the sugessestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jkse View Post
    what are some foods which rich in gluten? I am wondering if thats where all my sympotms are comming from t hanks for the sugessestion.
    All foods containing wheat, rye, barley and malt and also oats as they tend to be contaminated with other grains in the production process. So that's bread, biscuits, cakes, cereals etc and it is also hidden in lots of processed foods, such as gravy granules and sauces.

Ask your doc for the blood test if you think it might be gluten that's causing your problems. You'll need to carry on eating gluten in order for it to show up on the test though, so don't just cut it out straight away!

Unhappy Re: Excess stomach acid

Hi people

Was diagonosed as having gerd in Aug 08 taken nexium and lansoprazole but stopped as having toilet issues!! It comes and go's but alsohaving burning in my back especially the right hand side. Have already got my gallbladder out ten years ago so now im thinking wot on earth!!! pancreas, liver cancer no weight loss though and feels worse in the morning having lay all night anyone else have burning back issues with reflux please help

Yes, I get all of the above symptoms, burning, twinges, aches, but the acidic taste and cough are driving me mad URGHHH, I am taking 2 x 20mg omerparozle per day and I have been like this for nearly 6 months. I am so worried its something else but if it is by the time they find it I will be dead....

Quote Originally Posted by bytheby View Post
    Hi people

Was diagonosed as having gerd in Aug 08 taken nexium and lansoprazole but stopped as having toilet issues!! It comes and go's but alsohaving burning in my back especially the right hand side. Have already got my gallbladder out ten years ago so now im thinking wot on earth!!! pancreas, liver cancer no weight loss though and feels worse in the morning having lay all night anyone else have burning back issues with reflux please help
    What toilet issues did you have. I have tummy problems too and was on omeprazole to protect my tummy against the drugs I had after my heart attack but I started to get toilet problems and stopped most of them, not sure which ones were causing it but it seemed to settle down. Now i've been put back on some of the tablets and the toilet problem is back. I always seem to want to go late at night (midnight or so) which is a real nuisance, especially as I have to get up at 6am for work. Doc said it's my ibs but i'm not convinced.

Fran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information