Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mirtazapine????

mirtazapine????

just been prescribed it for nightime use 15mg, will it make me put on weight?

Re: mirtazapine????

Depends, I haven't had any signs of weight gain yet for me, but this is still very early days. You will get more of an appetite I guess, I certainly have, so that is probably what makes you gain weight. Just watch what you eat basically, and you should be ok (in theory).

I've been on 30mg for nearly 3 years now. No noticeable weight gain - apart from the half stone or so I lost on my previous medication which set off all my anorexic tendencies. My weight has been stable since I returned to a healthy weight. The mirtazapine helped me start eating normally again, and also sleeping, all of which helped me regain physical health. I am at a normal weight now, not severely underweight, albeit still slightly underweight.

took first one last night sooo tired even after sleeping could sleep all day if could, and my right ear keeps popping?

Dunno about your ear, but perhaps you've a lot of sleep to catch up on...

ok i had a 2hour snooze earlier woke up hour through, looked at my rabbit in middle of floor then sort of remember shaking quite hard then nothing and woke up another hour later, is that normal?

had abit of headache later, but fine now just that ear popping still, just managed to finally hoover house and do washing and clean pets

I put on one and a half stones whilst taking mirtazapine. I came off it last year and suffered horrendous withdrawals. I'm doing weight**tchers now and have very nearly got to goal.I was ill and lost about 7lbs and now I have nearly lost a stone. I couldn't stop the weight piling on inspite of eating healthily and exercising. Mirtazapine was originally given to anorexics as an appetite stimulant but worked well as an anti depressant and helped me to sleep. The weight gain and the withdrawals were horrible though.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

anyone else get disturbing dreams

just started a week ago off 30mgs off these last week on top off 20 mgs off diazpam plus 7.5 zopiclone anxiety was so bad .but this seems high to me and yes i do get vivid dreams as well very disturbing

thanks i dreamt i killed the mad neighbour over the road i woke up scared thinking it was real :(
    im also on 75mg x3 venlafxaine take morning and 25mg x3 daily promazine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information