Thread: Long lasting symptoms 24/7

Long lasting symptoms 24/7

Hi every one. Hope your all better than me right now. I have a little question about the bodily symptoms of anxiety, for the last 8 months or so it's been a case of I haven't had a normal day ever in the last 8 months. it started with lightheadedness, like going down in a lift and unsteadiness while walking, it would go on all day and it lasted about three months. then reflux would play up feeling like I was having a heart attack with Central chest discomfort for hours on end. I went to a and e they said acid reflux sent me home with ppis, now when I got home the lightheadedness was back, first it came in waves then it would come on all the time. I was so scared also along side these I get a feeling like I'm breathless for a few seconds, like I didn't get enough air on my last breath, it's random as we'll sometimes it comes when sitting, sometimes it comes when walking up stairs. I'm so scared I have heart failure, when I put my symptoms in that's what comes up every time. another symptom that has come up in the last month or so is that my body now sweats a lot quicker in response to exertion. it only takes a little walk or a meal being eaten to make me hot and sweaty, also my ectopic heart beats have been very violent in the past month, fluttering all day every day with very little let up all this combined is making me think my heart is giving out on me, these symptoms have been all day every day I've not felt normall in a very long time, yet my anxiety does not feel to me like it's at a high right now. I've not had many full blown attacks, it's just all physical. the doc says anxiety but I don't think it is. I've had heart monitor on for three days, with multi focal ectopics and sinus tach showing. doc was not concerned, I'm not sure what to do now, I'm afrade to take my peroxitine because Of my heart flutters, they seem to get worse when starting on ssris. I just don't know what I'm to do anymore. any thoughts or anyone who has felt like me please post I would love a chat with someone who can relate to my symptoms, thank u all for reading this

Re: Long lasting symptoms 24/7

If your doc wasn't concerned, you could comfort yourself in the knowledge that he or she didn't do all those years of studying the human body just to be a butt head.

Anxiety can bring on different physical symptoms in every individual. My advise is to trust your doc. Sometimes you just have to put yourself in their capable hands. If your still not happy get a second opinion.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

PS. You seem to know a lot about medicine. Do you google your symptoms too much? I little bit of knowledge can be a really dangerous thing.

I've found that the more I question my physicians diagnosis, the more my physical symptoms will exert their control over me. I have to learn to fully accept that it is merely anxiety and that it can't hurt me. You wore the heart monitor for days and the doctor studied the results and was unconcerned. What great news!

i feel much the same dizziness wise. i feel like ive been on a boat for 11 months :( the anxiety is awful racig heart and feeling sick and jelly legs. but all seems to be coming from the rocking sensation it makes me really panic. i spend my days panicking about the swaying motion

Thank u for the response. I should really just take it as red that the test showed ok, it's just hard when my body is so symptomatic, right now I have such sharp pain coming and going in my head with a lightheadedness I can only describe as a feeling like u are falling asleep and fainting at the same. time I hate this anxiety so much

Anxiety is never easy but it can be made simple. I have learned to feel the fear, and say "the heck with you, anxiety". "Do your worst. I'm ready and you are not going to win".

Believe in that. The more I try it, the easier it gets. With you not fighting the symptoms, they gradually go away. Maybe just try it for one hour today. I also find that it helps if I find something to distract myself with. Good luck on your journey.

Thank u I have tried that kind of thing but when I relax the symptoms are still there, like I said all day every day. I guess what doesn't kill u makes u stronger. I want to take the pills but the last time was awful and I don't want it to happen again, I had one massive heart flutter that made me feel faint I thought I wasn't gonna get my rhythm back it was the worst, so it's put me off ssris. I'm so desperate for a normal day, not a good one, just a normal symptom free day

You will be symptom free one day, but for now try and just let your symptoms be there, don't dwell on them anxiety feeds itself but if we let them happens and do things we used to do they will slowly fade. It isn't easy nor pleasant but the less we pay attention to them the weaker they become. Don't expect to be able to ignore them straight away but as said earlier slowly ignoring them gets easier.

Thread Information