Thread: 1-0 to me against Agoraphobia

Smile 1-0 to me against Agoraphobia

Went out earlier today, tried to get to my local shop 5-10 mins away, nearly got there, but not quite, could see the shop!!! Got really annoyed with it, and myself. So went out a few hours later with my mates dog, Annoyed and determined! I went futher in both directions I take, and went down my local field 10 mins away, and walked a small way down other roads in my area on my own!!!! without anyone!!! The palpations kicked in and the horrible feeling when you get really hot and start sweating! (Its a cold night and I'm walking in the end with just a vest top!) Does any other Anxiety/Agoraphobics suffers get this? Got the jelly legs, felt dizzy and god felt so sick!! But I bloody done it!! I also went back to my mates house at the end of the road, chatting, watching tv, and It was so nice, I actually felt like everyone else, a non-anxiety/agoraphobic suffer, (well for a few hours at least) I know I have a way to go, but really pleased with what I achieved tonight.

Re: 1-0 to me against Agoraphobia

Well done you!! I call it a 'little victory' when I break out of my comfort zone-eggshell.

And if you did it once, you can do it again!!

Best wishes, Samuel

really pleased for you! how can you walk through your dizzy spells though i become completely disorientated when this happens and thats when the actual panic attack sets in. i still need to learn how to cope with the physical symptoms any tips?

well done with your victory louise,,thought id reply as ive also been running around in my little vest top,,,get the weirdest looks lol but if i get hot,,like you i get myself into a right royal state,,i was out walking my dogs 7 oclock this morning in next to nothing,,but still had sweat dripping down my back,my family think im really strange,,its odd what this panic does to us , theresa

Thread Information