Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pounding heart.

Re: Pounding heart.

Maybe someone knows what exactly causes the heart to pound? Like now i just woke up and my heart was pounding lifting my belly and my chest up like always since the first panic attack it has become ''normal'' to me. But just after a few minutes of being awake it stopped beating so hard, my pulse didnt change, the only thing that did was that i didnt feel me heartbeat, and my belly and chest werent rising so much. And i know it wont last long, maybe 2hours , the its back to pound town.

Question about a dramatic increase in heart rate.

Hi i'll try to be as short as possible.
    Male 24
    Nonsmoker , very little alcohol
    Have been overweight my entire life but have been fit. Gym 3-4x a week. 60km hikes etc.
    Weight 155kg or about 310lbs
    First panic attack January 27 due to pain on left side , chest shoulders etc.
    Heart was checked 3 times everythings ok i dont worry about that anymore.
    Now the problem. Its like i have two modes now after the panic attack. The one where i can feel everyheart beat and see it go through my body, and the one where i feel fine, dont feel my heartbeat and practically dont see the pulse on my body.
    The problem is while im in the first mode MY BODY is so WEAK i kid you not. Two months ago at the gym i pushed my heart rate to 155 on the bike doing insane speeds and atleast 7kilometers at those speeds. Now i cant go up 3flights of stairs without my heart going above 170 and feeling weak and like about to vomit. Yesterday i decided to take my bike for a ride, i went slow on a straight road, after about 1kilometer i had to stop, my heart rate was above 170 and my legs were so weak i fell on my knees, also felt a sharp pain on the left side. I felt humiliated. But the thing is when my body switches to the other mode the ''good'' one. I feel ok my heart rate climbs steadily and goes down the same way. I dont feel weak or get chest pains, but that lasts only for about 2hours the the bad mode starts again. I dont know if someone felt similar to me
    But i just need to know if its possible to loose so much strenght and stamina only from panic disorder. I feel humiliated and ashamed of myself.

PVCs or palpitations?

Hey guys and girls. Ive been on panic attacks for a while and now just constant anxiety. But ive been getting these panic inducing heart skips? It happens when im relaxed , working out or walking. Its like my heart stops for a second or half and the starts with a thump. Then my body is overwhelmed with either cold or hot sensation followed by intense anxiety and some dizziness.
    Did a lot of ECG, stress tests, 1-24hr monitoring. Docs said im fine aand i want to believe it but its hard when this kind of stuff feels so hard.
    Do any of you get it? And does it sound like PVCs or a palpitation.

Re: PVCs or palpitations?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Burning chest feeling during panic attack?

Hi.
    Last night i jumped out of my bed trying to close all the windows because it was raining heavily. After that i started feeling funny i had that feeling before my first panic attacks. Its like something was growing inside me, like a wave getting closer. But as the anxiety grew so did the burning pain inside my lower chestbone. It was like someone was pouring hot water on the lower centre of my chest. I layed down on my bed trying to relax. And after good 10-15 minutes it subsided. My pulse around that time was 100+-. But the burning sensation scared the living out of me.
    Does anyone experience burning during panic attacks?
    Thanks for listening.

Re: Burning chest feeling during panic attack?

I suppose that would make sense because you were breathing fast.

I normally get very hot during an anxiety spell.

How are you feeling now? Not that I think it’s anything to worry about, I just want to know that you’ve calmed down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be acid reflux. I get chest burning down my sternum frequently from a range of things.

I wasnt breathing fast. I never do when an attack occurs.
    Right now i'm fine just mild discomfort in the centre chest i mild ache like a muscle has been hurt.
    Maybe getting up fast from my sleep increased my adrenaline for a split second and it started to go downhill from there. Because its the second time i get this burning sensation. First was also when i was woken up early in the morning.

From an old rugby injury if I exercise a lot I can get the feeling of running water inside my sternum. Very weird. To see if it's muscular push gently around your sternum and the bits where your ribs join and see if you have any tender points, otherwise it is probably reflux, or nerve related burning from anxiety. You can also get the impression of burning from irritated hair folicles.

Thanks for the answers. I just hope its not angina. Or could it be? Surely 4 different cardiologists would have noticed it? Or is it hard to notice? Becauae i used to have anxiety pains during my teens and those were very different to what im feeling now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information