Thread: feel as though a serious arrhythmia has been missed

feel as though a serious arrhythmia has been missed

Palpitations
    - Last night - full of adrenaline - my heart went out of rhythm completely for around 30 seconds , no normal beats extremely fast and irregular , like my heart went to jelly, my hearing went weird and I felt extremely light headed ..... the other 2 times this has happened has also been when I was full of adrenaline - on stage - this is a sign of a serious heart arrhythmia according to many websites , why does no one think it is for me?
    - When I had episodes of PVCs every other beat, it occurred when my heart rate increased e.g. Walking fast, crying, standing/bending over, when I was in a rush - again PVCs with heart rate increase according to many websites is a sign of a potentially dangerous arrhythmia, why is this not the case for me?
    -

Been to see so many cardiologist but no one seems to think it is serious :( I am only 19 :(

Re: feel as though a serious arrhythmia has been missed

Hey first of all as I'm sure you know checking websites for symptoms is the worst thing to do as they will always tell you the worst possible scenario and your own cardiologist knows your heart much better than these websites do! At the same time I can sympathise with you as I am 18 years old and have similar problems to what you have described- I've had them since I was 14 and although difficult I've mostly just let them be and got on with my life. However I've now decided to get to the bottom of it and I think the best way of doing this is to ask your cardiologist for a stress test which will certainly pick up any heart issues or arrhythmia you think you might have! But also you must be assured that there is nothing to be afraid of if your cardiologist thinks it isn't serious, but just try and get a stress test if you can't stop worrying as it will reveal if anything is wrong which is what I am hoping to do! Stay calm and don't be afraid, I know it's hard but fear is literally such a useless emotion it doesn't help anyway lol

Thread Information