Thread: Real heart problems

Real heart problems

7 years ago I started to have an arrhythmia. I have thousands of PVC’s and PACs per day. After many tests, the cardiologist deemed them benign. I also saw an electrophysiologist for a 2nd opinion who concurred. My palps seem to be somewhat episodic, or perhaps I’m just unaware of them at times. For the past month they have been awful. My cardiologist now wants to me to wear a 2 week heart monitor. Glad he’s being proactive but also scared of the results. I’ve also learned there is new research that shows that the number of palps I have can actually weaken the heart over time (whereas I was previously told they wouldn’t). So there’s that too. I start my monitor tomorrow. Just reaching out for support since it’s a yucky loop of now being anxious about the palps which is making them even worse. I’m staying off Google, trust my doc, but am just feeling concerned. I need to be here to raise my child.

Re: Real heart problems

You have to have like 20k+ everyday for it to affect the heart. Once a doctor sees that you are having that many they can fix it with medication ,or an ablation. Calm down you are doing everything that you can to address the problem. If they find anything it can be easily fixed. Try not to worry and just relax

Yes I have 30K per day. I am calm, but I am concerned.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information