Thread: Noise in ear!!

Question Noise in ear!!

Hi ev1

I feel so stupid saying this but my hearing just kinda went in my left ear then I got a gushing sound which is still there, I also feel dizzy and I daren't get up. It's kinda like the 'buzz' that you get when you stand up too quick, now my ear and face have gone hot. This has brought on a panic attack and it's frightening at 4.20 in the morning. I know that it sounds stupid to be panicked about something like this.

Anyone had this in the ears? OMG I must be totally off my head
    Thanks for reading this stupid post!
    Elspeth

Re: Noise in ear!!

Oh hun it's definitely not a stupid post!!!
    I haven't personally had that problem but I wanted to give you (((((((HUGS))))))))) and tell you that you aren't alone!!!
    You will get thru this!!!
    Could it be possibly that you got water in your ear or something?
    Hope you get to feeling better REAL soon!!!
    xxx
    Sandy

Hi Elspeth
    I get where my ears or ear goes all deaf for a few minuites at a time ,and yes my friend i get the gushing sounds aswell
    Your post is in no way stupid atall to us every little thing that happens to us is magnified 1000 times more due to our anxiety
    You know where i am hun we can moan away together lol

Thinking of you btw get to bed woman at half four in morning just kidding you know i know by now how hard it is for you to sleep

and remember you know where i am we can go off our heads together pmsl big hugs
    love dizzie xxx

I get the same exact thing also. It terrifies me. I think it has to do with being stressed, and the pressure in our inner ear. I think if something is even a little off in there, the sensations will be terrible. When we are tense, I am just so sure it affects the inner ear as well.

-- Anonymous

Thumbs up Re: Noise in ear!!

Thank you very much eeyorelover, dizzie and itwillpass for your replies. It did go away a little while after I posted, and I havent had it today thank God. I dunno this damn anxiety, my mind tells me that it is nothing yet I get frightened too, it's so strange, I'm such a logical thinker about everything else in life!
    Dizzie - I know that we are there for each other but you'd have sworn at me if I'd have rung you at that time in the morning, lol and as u said I can't seem to go2 bed until it's light cause of stupid panic.

OH FOR THE WINGS OF A BIRD
    Thanks once again for ure replies, much appreciated.
    Take care everyone.
    Love
    Elspeth

Hi Elspeth
    I also have some odd things going on in my ears at the mo. I often get a pressure shift through both ears then dizzyness (vertigo) because of the loss of balance i think. I also dont think your post is stupid as I have spent a year being almost paralysed by fear due to this and the panic and anxiety it has caused

Sharon xx

i have had this buzzing in my left ear for a couple of months now its like when youve just left a night club and you have that buzzing sound does this sound familure and do u still have it

Hi Sharon and missmotown

Thanks both for ure replies. Missmotown - thats exactly what it was like, like when u leave a nightclub, not that it's easy to remember that far back, lol It did go not long after I posted, dunno why I got it and haven't had it since, but I don't think I'll be scared of it anymore if I get it, cause of all ure replies and reassurance. I'm sure that 'normal' people get all these symptoms that we get but they don't panic about them like we do, cause their bodies and minds aren't sensitized.

I wish the damn anxiety would go away though, it's a crippling disability and I'm sick of it after 31-32 years. Not had any kinda life to speak of however I am very thankful for my comp, being on the intenet, for this site and that I have a roof over my head Must remember the things that I have and not dwell on the things that I haven't!!!
    Take care everyone
    Love
    Elspeth
    xxxxxxx

My husband had exactly the same as you last year. Terrible dizziness and had to lie down. His was stress related. He was going for a big promotion and he stressed himself out so much he bought on these symptoms. He hasn't had them since

My ear sort of pops sometimes and i get a high pitched whistle. And i nearly always have hissing in my ears. Had them checked and nothing wrong. Just anxiety i expect.

Josephinex

Thread Information