Thread: Starting at 2.5mg

Starting at 2.5mg

Hi all

I took this medication about 14/15 years ago and it worked well at 10mg.

My doctor has prescribed it once more but suggested starting at 25mg for the first week and then increasing to 5mg to minimise any effects.

I have a phobia of sickness so he’s prescribed some anti nausea tablets but they do make me feel very drowsy.

I have 2 children under 2 and am meant to be starting back at work this week so I am not sure how to manage the first week or two taking them.

Does anyone have any suggestions re 2.5? Do I actually break it into 4 so I only have 1.75! I’m so worried x

Re: Starting at 2.5mg

Sorry, what medication is it that you are starting? X

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Sorry, take it that it is Lepraxo... I must have skipped to this forum. Sorry that I can’t help really as it is not one that I have been on. Take care. X

I was given 5mg tablets for the first two weeks, so you could halve those. I had to take 3 days off work as I suffered from horrible nausea and my stomach felt like a washing machine. It goes away quite soon though, but when I upped my dose to 10mg, the nausea started again but to a lesser extent and didn't have to take any sick leave.

Hi sorry - cipralex.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    I was given 5mg tablets for the first two weeks, so you could halve those. I had to take 3 days off work as I suffered from horrible nausea and my stomach felt like a washing machine. It goes away quite soon though, but when I upped my dose to 10mg, the nausea started again but to a lesser extent and didn't have to take any sick leave.
    Thanks - hes given5mg and told me to half them. Did you get any increased anxiety?

Funnily enough that's what I was most worried about when I picked up the courage to take them, but I didn't get any increase anxiety as when I first took them the first time a few years ago. The side effetcs i got this time were nausea and acid stomach, foggy head, headaches, dizziness and blurred vision but they didn't last long. Must be hard with 2 under twos! I had to deal with my demanding 8 and 6 year olds, its hard but they do take your mind off things!

Thank you x I am so worried about taking them and feel off with them that I’m considering not taking them which I know isn’t a solution because I can’t xarry on as I amz

Thread Information