Thread: Please help

Unhappy Please help

Ok here goes ...
    I’m 38 yo male suffering from severe anxiety disorder , type 2 diabetes (diet controlled ) heart palpitations.
    The last month has been awful I have had constant heart palpitations pretty much 24/7 . I’ve been to A+E three times in the last few months and seen my doctor numerous times and all told me my palpitations are Anxiety related .
    I’ve come to the end of my line , this daily , hourly thoughts of I’m going to have a heart attack has worn me down to a point I can’t deal with it .
    These symptoms can not be just anxiety that’s causing this .
    I’m overweight by maybe 3 stone , I don’t exercise as I’m terrified it may trigger a heart attack . My whole world is focused on the daily thoughts of I’m going to die .
    I even thought it’s easier just to die than live through this constantly.
    My heart flutters and skips beats for no reason , I have bowel noises and stomach issues and dioreaha at times which makes my palpitations worse .
    I tend to hold my breath without noticing when I’m panicking or thinking .
    I know all this won’t help my symptoms.
    I’m now at a point I feel I’m annoying my doctors by constantly going back and forth with the same symptoms.
    They always give me an ecg and maybe take bloods and say it’s anxiety.
    I just DONT believe it anymore.
    DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY .
    I take propanol slow release 80mg daily and mirtazpine at night , and diazepam 2mg at night . Also omeprazole daily .
    PLZ HELP

Re: Please help

The docs all say it's anxiety. You say you're 3 stone overweight and don't exercise. Start exercising gently.

You sound just like me, and I know what you are suffering is dreadful
    Have you a worry that you can't sought out? just one reason for your anxiety to keep on repeating,
    I worry that I am going to die any minute and I worry about how my family will manage without me.
    So I pay all my bills big and small just in case,
    My will is up to date and my bed fresh and clean and my clothes neatly folded when i go to bed< just in case>
    Reading this does it sound over the top to you? that of course is anxiety< please take heart < you won'die until you are ready, i have lately found much better since i have been on here< nice people who find it hard to cope, fresh air helps as well< to get away from the usual i environment,

Hey Joezeff

You're not alone by any means.

I spent 24 hours in A&E a couple of months ago - I went in with palpitations, got diagnosed with a heart attack, argued with doctors that it couldn't be a heart attack (because no symptoms of heart attack, just palps), got told 5 hours later that it had been a lab error.

Anyway, because they wanted to be sure I hadn't had a heart attack, that it had all been a lab error, they kept me in to do a stress echocardiogram straight away.

Everything came back fine.

But the point is that while there, and attached to heart monitors, I had *literally* 1000s of flutters and skips. So many the machine kept beeping at me.

I was seen by 3 cardiologists, and not one of them was the least bit concerned or interested in the skipped beats. I kept saying, look I'm having all these palpitations, and they like, Yes we know, they're benign, not clinically relevant.

Palps can certainly be caused by anxiety - or at least made worse by anxiety - and even if they're not, if you have no heart disease and your heart is structurally normal, then it's vanishingly unlikely they're anything to worry about.

They are bloody annoying, though!

Thanks for the replies so far .
    I find it just hard distinguish between a heart problem and just palpitations.
    Some times I can be breathless but usually when I’m panicked and having attack .
    The palpitations can come on for no reason and that worries me as I’m not feeling anxious when they happen ,
    I am scared to exercise Incase something happens to my heart .
    I feel I need a full heart check as in a echocardiogram or a full heart scan to rule everything out then I can start to try and recover .
    I’m waiting to see a psychologist but there is a long waiting list.
    I just wanted to know if anyone feels the same and like death would be better than living this daily nightmare.
    It drains me doing this every day
    I have two young daughters and I constantly think how my wife would cope without me .
    Saying that I feel I’m no use as I am and more a hindrance.
    Thanks for listening guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know EXACTLY how you feel!
    I’ve had palpitations for 6 yrs now, they started on and off maybe rearing their heads a few times in a few months but they’ve gradually got more frequent and for past two months i’ve had them everyday throughout the day!
    It got so bad recently I went back to doc, who I very much feel I annoy!, and got all the same advice I always get! It’s anxiety, take 10mg of propranolol 3 times a day, which does nothing!, relax, stay calm etc etc!!!
    I’ve had time off work cos I daren’t go out!
    I’ve had ecg’s counselling monitors the lot and all say my heart is fine and I know what to do to control my anxiety but I STILL have these palps!
    Like u I worry constantly i’m going to have a heart attack or a stroke because of them!
    Nothing I do to help myself stops them so what do I do? As I suspect mine are hormone related and prob caused by onset of menopause i’m giving vitamin and magnesium a try! Let’s see how that goes!
    But they and the thoughts I have attached to them drive me mad and ruin my life and I think about running away cps I think I just make everyone else miserable! I daren’t drive far or on busy roads in case I have a panic attack! I stop myself from doing a lot! So no use to anyone!

Hey joezeff,

Just a thing from someone who has had this since he was a 10year old boy. Just because you arent having an attack or your heart isnt racing doesnt mean you arent anxious. A nkrmal situation a person gets stressed, body triggers the relevant mechanisms, stressful situation goes and body resets. Problem with us HA sufferers or indeed any sort of constant anxiety is that our body doesnt get a chance to revert back and the longer jt goes on the longer we stay like that. You may not FEEL anxious but i can bet there is a little thought atill there, a little worry even when you feel at your most relaxed and then BOOM you get a twinge or a palp or a "feeling' you cant explain and your riight back there. I k ow thats how it is for me. I cant believe docs or tests or my own logic. And i knlw exactly what it feels like, even now i have thoughts about ending things as it just gets so difficult.

Hope your feeling better mate

Thread Information