Thread: Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm Worries

Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm Worries

Hello everyone,
    I am not particularly sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I just made an account on this web site to ask this question because it is very troublesome to me.
    Recently, I have begun to have very bad panic attacks, and almost thought I was having a heart attack because I had pains in my left arm from a pulled muscle while moving combined with a panic/anxiety attack. Ever since then, I have had panic attacks almost every night and have been extremely paranoid in general.

As of earlier today, I discovered that whenever I lay down, I have a very noticeable, visible pulse in my stomach. Allow me to elaborate. Whenever I lie down, I can see my stomach pump in correlation to my heart beats. I looked it up on my phone, and the first thing I saw was Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm. It also said there were abdominal and back pains, of which both are applicable(although it may be occurring due to the stress of lifting heavy boxes; however, my mind is not right and will not let me rest with this conclusion as my head is full of terrible thoughts recently).

So, in short, I have a visible pulse in my stomach correlating to my heart beat whenever I lay down, and I am worried it may be an aneurysm.

A few details about my physique and family history of said subject:
    I am 17 years old(DOB December 18, 2000) 5'9.25"/1.76m tall, I weigh about 113lbs/51.25kgs, I smoked from about the time I turned sixteen to about the time right after I turned 17(so about a year), having quit about 2 months ago, when I switched to vaping. My grandfather on my mother's side had an aortic valve aneurysm in his heart when he was in his mid-60s, and thankfully the doctors caught it before it ruptured. Otherwise, I have no biological family who have had aneurysms of any sort.

Thank you for any replies, be it helpful comments regarding my condition or a redirection to a proper subforum.

Re: Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm Worries

If you are really worried do an Echo. I have the same issue yet im obese and can still see my belly moving with each heart beat when i lay down. Its mostly due to anxiety. Breathing techniques really help reduce the stress of your boddy in term reducing the beats.

We are living sentient beings. We have blood coursing through our bodies, our chest rises and falls with each breath. At any given time we can feel and see the result of that. at 5'9 and 113 you're thin so it's not surprising you can see this. I'd be more concerned if you didn't

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's completely normal to see your heart beat the way you describe. Mine does it so much sometimes you can see a 3lb laptop being moved up and down.

Given your age, build, lifestyle and family history, I would say your chance of heart issues is virtually zero.

By all means get it checked out, but you'll just be feeding the anxiety, giving yourself permission to get things checked next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    By all means get it checked out
    I disagree with getting a perfectly normal bodily function checked out. It's a waste of time, money and resources. That being said, going to the doctor to discuss the irrational reaction and getting referred for real life professional help I would agree with.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I disagree with getting a perfectly normal bodily function checked out. It's a waste of time, money and resources. That being said, going to the doctor to discuss the irrational reaction and getting referred for real life professional help I would agree with.

Positive thoughts
    But you edited out my caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    By all means get it checked out, but you'll just be feeding the anxiety, giving yourself permission to get things checked next time.

Had this worry myself last year when i took a break from thinming my heart itself was damaged. Noticed the pulse, then focused and i infavt gave myself the actual symptoms. I could "feel" the pulse physically (this is a sign of there being an anuerism, seeing it doesnt mean alot if you are thin as the aorta is roughly 2cm in diametre, BIG in other words) but people with them feel the actual pulsating physically. I also gave myself a feeling of fullness in my abdomen and terrible lower back pain. This was all real until i had an acho and was shown my aorta and then it all vanished. This is solid proof we can make these feelings. Now im in anothsr boat and paranoid i cant see my pulse :/

Anyway i would say you are fine. If you are quite overweight though seeing a pulse is different. Im thin with little bellyfat so seeing a visual pulse is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEDETH View Post
    Had this worry myself last year when i took a break from thinming my heart itself was damaged. Noticed the pulse, then focused and i infavt gave myself the actual symptoms. I could "feel" the pulse physically (this is a sign of there being an anuerism, seeing it doesnt mean alot if you are thin as the aorta is roughly 2cm in diametre, BIG in other words) but people with them feel the actual pulsating physically. I also gave myself a feeling of fullness in my abdomen and terrible lower back pain. This was all real until i had an acho and was shown my aorta and then it all vanished. This is solid proof we can make these feelings. Now im in anothsr boat and paranoid i cant see my pulse :/

Anyway i would say you are fine. If you are quite overweight though seeing a pulse is different. Im thin with little bellyfat so seeing a visual pulse is normal.

I have the same problem :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information