Thread: This might help those with Heart Palpatations...

This might help those with Heart Palpatations...

I recently wore a 24-hour monitor.
    Let me point out that I get heart palpitations every day.
    Some days they are small and other days it literally feels like my heart is jumping out of my chest, I have to catch my breath and cough to feel normal again.
    I get the shakes when I get lots of them and feel weak and sometimes I've had them almost one after the hour for an hour - those ones took me to A & E.
    I got the results back today from my 24-hour monitor, I should point out I got quite a few palps whilst wearing the monitor which was great.
    The result: Benign ectopic beats and occasional SVT with no indication for anything else.
    The treatment: deal with them, nothing will happen.
    So there you have it from someone who's had them for almost 30 years, I'm not 40 they started when I was 12.
    Not anything other than little jumps in my excited little heart that I need to learn to embrace and ultimately forget...

I hope this helps someone else.

Re: This might help those with Heart Palpatations...

That's good to hear. I'm suffering from palpitations, but my doctor said it was down to anxiety and put me on medication... and they've nearly stopped!

To be on the safe side, I'm having a 24 hour monitor later this month. So we'll see what the results of that are!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    I recently wore a 24-hour monitor.
    Let me point out that I get heart palpitations every day.
    Some days they are small and other days it literally feels like my heart is jumping out of my chest, I have to catch my breath and cough to feel normal again.
    I get the shakes when I get lots of them and feel weak and sometimes I've had them almost one after the hour for an hour - those ones took me to A & E.
    I got the results back today from my 24-hour monitor, I should point out I got quite a few palps whilst wearing the monitor which was great.
    The result: Benign ectopic beats and occasional SVT with no indication for anything else.
    The treatment: deal with them, nothing will happen.
    So there you have it from someone who's had them for almost 30 years, I'm not 40 they started when I was 12.
    Not anything other than little jumps in my excited little heart that I need to learn to embrace and ultimately forget...

I hope this helps someone else.

Hey. I also have SVT, it’s amazing how knowing what it is can help so much! I get reviewed every 6 months and might get a cardiac ablation at some point but like you say, it’s nothing to worry about. Similarly to you, I was diagnosed after wearing a 72 hour monitor.

That sounds like what I have - PVCs. I believe it's the same thing because I feel just as you do, have felt it since i was 8 years old, and am now in my early 40's. I was told the same thing; it's benign. They gave me a beta blocker to take when needed. I have taken it twice on bad days and noticed it helped. Didn't remove them entirely but took them down to a more manageable level and made me feel less "bumpy".

They told me everyone has them from time to time but only a few actually feel them. I guess this is the "blessing" of being entirely TOO tuned into your body!

Wasn't wearing the monitor weird!? I had to wear one for three days. It heightened my anxiety and made the palpitations WORSE!! But not until they removed the monitor so then it wasn't picked up. OF COURSE! Sometimes it feels like my body is playing tricks on me!!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

yes wearing the monitor was so strange and caused cuts in my skin and a reaction! But nice to know that they are not 'scary' still feel scary though!!

I have also had episodes of SVT. But they scare the crap out of me. Why don't they scare you

The SVT I have when I"m falling asleep, I think they don't scare me as I'm too tired and i think they arise from panic - when do you have yours?
    My paranoia is starting to creep in a bit, I had an episode tonight where it felt like I had 2-3 beats go funny so instead of the normal one weird beat then back to normal, for 2 or three beats it felt really uncomfortable, I've never had that before, that was uncomfortable .... trying to really hard to get my anxiety under control so trying to ignore it but wondering if the holter monitor can miss things! x

Thread Information