Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuclear war anxiety. Please read.

Nuclear war anxiety. Please read.

Hello all.

I hope you are all doing well. I have a new anxiety. I have been doing well for so long.

I turned the news on today and I saw "USA and Russia...Trump and Putin" are at each others necks again, however this time it seems serious.

USA will be joining in fighting in Syria, and USA are on one side...Russia are on the other. Everyone knows this will escalate, but how much?

Does anyone here know how out of hand this will get?

Re: Nuclear war anxiety. Please read.

Well no-one knows what will happen, but the likelihood of a war is minuscule. There are so many things put into place now to stop wars happening. Trump and Putin are asses, but at their heart they care about saving face & making money. Threaten either of these and they will find a way to back down. Look how North Korea have backed down when the UN made things harder for them.

It’s scary, but it’s also scaremongering. Try watching a news channel that isn’t too sensationalist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is much sense in what Scass has said panicBill. Both Trump and Putin know what the result of a full blown war (presumably nuclear) would be. Not for nothing is it called 'mutually assured destruction'. Any 'winner' would inherit a planet laid waste by radioactive fallout, neither side would risk that apocalyptic outcome.

I hope you guys are right \:

OP, without sounding condescending, I see posts like this all the time, more so when something 'bad' is happening. I mean this not to have a go at you posting as I fully understand your anxiety (and most the Worlds) surrounding the subject is fully really and awful. I mean this to say that, each week/month/year, WW3 is thrown around the media/socialmedia and people fear the worse... we are still here.

An example been I personally felt the closest we came to WW3 was invasion of Crimea. We are still here. I hope you find some comfort, or at least another view point from:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211074

As above, I completely agree with reading different media outlets but be cautioned that some blow things well out of proportion and misquote - the worse for doing this and I recommend you avoid at all costs is Daily Express (UK Based). An example would be, if you put in Google "WW3", literally the first full page of results, are all the express. I personally read the Express for a 'laugh' and then make my way to more realistic media before finally ending up on RT.com. Reason I end up there is because a good 40% of what you read, beyond the propaganda (same as UK media) is actually good argument.

For example, RT made me think... The Salbury poisoning... the OPCW was supposed to publish their findings into their investigation this week... yet nothing has been mentioned about this and we are distracted with an attack in Syria.

Personally, I am a big believer in False Flags and I very much disbelieve the majority of what I am told, more so by the media. Lets not forget, the same government thats spouting all this BS is the same government who told us Iraq had WMDs.

But I digress.

If you fear WW3, my suggestion would be to take a step back and look at it pragmatically. As in the link I posted above, WW3 would be very hard for any country to fight or maintain due to the worlds economies been intertwined. However, if you want to get military statistical, who would be the key players:

Russia, Iran, Syria (possibly N.Korea and China)
    Vs
    US, UK (UK will always stand shoulder to shoulder with our US cousins), France, Germany, well lets just say NATO and not lets forget Turkey who have a pretty impressive force in itself.

Russia has the biggest landmass but this is where its might ends. When Turkey shot down the Russian jet, WW3 was "going to start then" (we are still here) but anyway, Turkey by itself would have been a struggle for Russia let alone without US behind them. Russia suffered heavy losses in both Afghanistan and Ukraine, both of whom used militia. Imagine them pitted against, US with the most powerful Navy and Airforce, Britain with the best trained land force and RAF, France who ranks above UK military numbers wise etc... Iran couldn't do much as Israel alone would deal with them and China I doubt would get involved given they would then have Japan on one flank, NATO on the other.

Only tangible option is the one people fear, Nuclear War. Putin is alot of things but he is not stupid. He has said many times that no one would win a hot war. People are also failing to factor in the Russian populace, do you think they would allow Russia to go to war for Syria? The anti-west hype can only go so far but if US warn Russia they are going to strike and to move their troops out, Russia then fails to do this and troops get killed... who will be to blame? Imagine if the tables were turned. Russia said we are going to strike Turkey over the shootdown of our jet on this day at this time, remove troops from the target area - who would be to blame.

Finally as this is bit of an essay, not withstanding the military comparison, look at the map. NATO has encompassed Russia. Also, the only Russian aircraft carrier, had to be towed back to base as its 30 odd years old and broke down!

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Just to add to the above, I just read the below via RT.COM and then via our media.

RT quotes as saying :

He warned the US and its allies against launching a military action in Syria, bypassing the UN.

“If you made a decision to carry out an illegal military endeavor, we hope, hope that you will come to your senses. You will be responsible for it yourselves,” Nebenzia said.

I won't quote our media as you have probably already seen it but it basically says the above is a Russian threat.

No it isn't, its the Russians saying if you strike you will bear the responsibility of doing so alone IE without UN approval.

You need to be very granular and specific when you look at the language and what actually gets said.

IF Russia every say "You do this, we will do this" take that as fact and threat, anything else is open to interpretation and can easily be backed out of, which is exactly why the wording is used.
    Last edited by PWO_Nathan; 11-04-18 at 09:10.

With nobody left to stop him, I expect Dolard will conduct an illegal military operation anyway, which would be disastrous. At this point however, I don't think the war would turn nuclear, especially given that Dolard is trying to patch up US-Russian relations. Now if they were doing a strike on Korea, I'd be real worried!

The Wars of the future will be proxy Wars. I will make a prediction here and see if I am right in the coming days...

VERY worse case scenario:

US launches missiles from US Destroyer targeting Syrian Airbase silos/aircraft/support structures. This is supported by direct fire from RAF Typhoons and the French who both launch long ranged missiles, 150 miles out at same targets while Israel interdicts from their flank. Russia intercepts a large portion of these missiles but does not directly return fire as this is not possible. In order to return fire, they would need to either launch cruise missiles or directly attack via A/C which would be no match for the RAF stationed in Cyprus or the US Destroyers air defence.

IF Russian troops are injured or killed, things will heat up a little with Russia been absolutely furious. However, Russia was also absolutely furious when Turkey downed their jet. Russia is will blow some steam and probably fly bombers (have they have done for years) close to UK airspace and buzz a few ships. Russia will eventually however concede as they did in Turkey that this / these losses were indirectly their own fault. IE Turkey they violated airspace and this time they were warned there would be a stike and placed themselves in the firing line.

If you want to be a fantasist and irrational, you could say Russia will go a step further and actually strike back. OK where and how? Attacking a US base, not on UK or US soil would mean violating the airspace of a third party nation, which would then add to the case against them and potentially make another enemy.

Now what's more likely to happen:

Any strike will happen this weekend once the Aircraft battlegroup is in place thats currently sailing to the region to support the single US Destroyer. This strike will as above have missiles intercepted and the Russians will blow some steam saying any further attacks will be met with force / any aircraft in Syrian airspace will be targetted. They will point out the very obvious, which I personally agree with... no such evidence has been supplied. Yes we have all seen the videos which are truly awful but what should and needs to happen is the OCPW should conduct their investigation which they are doing in the next day or so, then and only then a strike should be made against Syria on their conclusion that CW were used and by Syria.

The US, UK and France have absolutely no right whatsoever to strike anyone absent fact and proof and for this part I agree with Russia. It doesnt mean I believe their case, but NATO throwing weight around absent fact makes us bullies not Police.

Yeah guess what. I'm afraid again. Your posts do help though Nathan. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
    Yeah guess what. I'm afraid again. Your posts do help though Nathan. Thank you.
    I was waiting for you to pop up Confusion try not to worry..

Here check this out from Russia :

Moscow has warned against doing anything that could “further destabilize” Syria as the situation heats up in the region. The call comes as Western powers consider a military response to the alleged chemical attack in Syria.

(https://www.rt.com/news/423811-kreml...ization-syria/)

With respect, completely or largely, ignore our media. Fear sells. You could literally google WW3 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 etc and each year find multitude of articles claiming the end is nigh. We are still here

Just going back to the above article "further destabilize" SYRIA. How this can be construed as a threat to the West is beyond me but our Media make it exactly that.

This is what I meant previously when we spoke, if you 'need' to read about whats going on, consider reading their media as well for a more level headed rational idea.

I feel the same! I'm always asking my OH if he thinks it will happen and all i get is "I hope not!" - doesn't really settle my fears that we're all going to get nuked in the next 2 weeks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information