Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

I don't know how serious this is. I've put a lot of caffiene into my body this past week (avg 2-3 cups of coffee a day) and today I dozed off and woke up with a pounding heart, this induced one of the worst panic attacks of my life. I've been cold and trembling all day, I've had NO sleep because the next 2 times I tried to sleep the same thing happened, my pounding heart woke me up.

I can feel heart palps all day. I've drank a lot of water to try and see if I can get the caffiene out. I'm scared, the panic is overwhelming and I just cannot sleep. Even though I relax before I sleep I still keep waking up with a pounding heart

I don't know what to do :(

Also I should add, I have no chest pain, no lightheadedness or shortness of breath. In fact I can take deep full breaths. It's just my heart beating really fast and being unable to sleep. I feel a sick panicky feeling in my tummy as I doze off and i wake up with my heart beating out of my chest.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Nobody? :(

Re: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

Other than cut out the caffeine, I don't know what to say. It's sort of like riding out a hangover. You should be fine tomorrow. Just lay off the coffee!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

That's not a massive amount of caffeine but for someone with PD/HA it can trigger PAs and compulsive Googling of symptoms

Drink plenty of water and cut down on coffee.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I have switched from caffeinated coffee and tea to the non caffeinated type. Over time that has helped reduce my heart palps.
    I also take bisoprolol daily to help and mange both my BP and also tha tracing heart feeling, they also seem to help with the palps.

I would consider cutting out caffeine completely, I have manged to do that and over time it does help. Altho I do still like the odd bit of really dark chocolate, high in caffeine, but we have to live, right..?

The times that I can still wake up with a pounding heart isn't any less worrying but the above measures have helped to keep them at a minimum.

I can tell tho when I'm going through a higher level of stress than would be typical for me, the palps and the heart concerns grow in their intensity.

Maybe have a chat with your doctor about it...?

Best wishes

Unhappy Re: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Other than cut out the caffeine, I don't know what to say. It's sort of like riding out a hangover. You should be fine tomorrow. Just lay off the coffee!

Positive thoughts
    The I guess you're right, I have been riding it out.

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's not a massive amount of caffeine but for someone with PD/HA it can trigger PAs and compulsive Googling of symptoms

Drink plenty of water and cut down on coffee.

Yep I've drank a lot of water, I managed to get some sleep too. I'm doing a bit better now, the heart palps at the moment are gone but I definitely feel the fear of them coming back on and just killing me, still there.

Is it normal to be in panic mode for this long?

My anxiety has come out of nowhere, all started yesterday morning when I went to sleep and I woke up with a pounding heart, that led to a panic attack, then I just felt on edge, tried to sleep in the evening, still being jolted awake and also really cold at this point. Even just thinking about anxiety is giving me anxiety, anyway I managed to some how fall asleep with a hot water bottle and now it's almost 3am and I am still being jolted awake by a pounding heary and I feel so much panic and anxiety at the pit of my stomach. I'm really struggling tonight. It all came out of absolutely nowhere, I have no reason to be as anxious as I am but I'm now stuck in the cycle or worrying about my pounding heart and then actually experiencing a pounding heart. I can't concentrate on anything and I feel a quite nauseous. I don't know what to do. I'm so sensitive to my anxiety right now that just thinking about my heart pounding is making my heart pound. It's so horrible.

---------- Post added at 03:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 ----------

Ugh I feel so helpless and hopeless and stuck..it feels like it will never end or I'll die really soon. It's just awful...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.
    That's okay, sorry for the multiple threads.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

I'm wondering how much a poor sleeping pattern can cause this, because my sleep has been all over the place lately. I've managed to be able to relax but I still woke up with a pounding heart today. I've never experienced waking up from a pounding heart before so this is completely new to me. It's definitely heightened my anxiety. I don't know how long this will carry on, it really scares me. My anxiety has simmered down a little and I don't feel on the verge of panic right now and I can concentrate on other things but I've been feeling pretty badly lately without a cause or real reason apart from the pounding heart I've randomly experienced.

Hi Mav, sorry you're feeling like this right now.
    I'm having a few heart concerns myself too lately. Not so much a pounding heart but chest pains and a fast heart beat.
    Mine started a few weeks ago when i got a new job and I'm working awful shift hours. So my sleep has been very messed up and deprived for a few weeks.
    I just thought I'd let you know that because you're wondering if poor sleeping can effect it. I'm hoping so too and before I even read your thread I was blaming my poor sleeping.
    For now I'm just going to try to relax as much as i can, eat and sleep better if possible and see if anything improves.

Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Hi Mav, sorry you're feeling like this right now.
    I'm having a few heart concerns myself too lately. Not so much a pounding heart but chest pains and a fast heart beat.
    Mine started a few weeks ago when i got a new job and I'm working awful shift hours. So my sleep has been very messed up and deprived for a few weeks.
    I just thought I'd let you know that because you're wondering if poor sleeping can effect it. I'm hoping so too and before I even read your thread I was blaming my poor sleeping.
    For now I'm just going to try to relax as much as i can, eat and sleep better if possible and see if anything improves.

Hope you start to feel better soon xx
    hiyya xx

Yes my sleep is like hours apart, I'll sleep a couple hours then another couple, then a nap...it's just a mess. I've messed up my sleeping pattern terribly. I'm also experiencing a faster than usual heart rate and I can sort of feel it in my chest. But the worst thing was the panic attack I induced by feeling my heart rate, it has been so easy lately to slip off over to the edge and have a panic attack. It's so awful, I think my sleep is one of the main culprits:( I'm trying to rest as much as possible, it's only after sleep that I find my anxiety reduced got a few hours, and then heightened when I feel tired. It's awful really. I hope you feel better soon! It's just another one of those things I think, that is hard not to focus on even though it's all we can focus on!! I hope you find some peace asap, I hope I do too xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information