Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lump Behind Right Ear

Re: Lump Behind Right Ear

I too have discovered a lump behind my right ear and a smaller one behind my left ear?any suggestions as to what this could be? I had flu at xmas last year and my glands were swollen pretty badly but not behind my ears...quite anxious.

They are not sore to touch,they fell hard to touch

thanks

Hi snoozy - if you have matching lumps on either side then my guess would be lymph nodes. You have nodes all over the place around you neck, including just under the ear and behind the ear. Sometimes one will be bigger than the others. It may be that you had an infection, your lymph nodes came up. You might not have even noticed. Sometimes they don't go all the way back down. I have one under my ear that is bigger than the one on the other side. See your doctor if you're worried, though.

I get these, I think they are cysts. They never come to a head but they go down after a while. They are very hard and can get sore.

i get quite a large lump come up behin dmy left ear. when i go to go to the doctor it has usually gone down by the time i get there. however my gp feels it is the gland behind the ear which swells up when im run down bunged up nose wise or got a general cold etc. any lump that is not usually there that does not go down within 7days is best to get it checked by the gp or sister at your practices. if it is very painful then go anytime. it may just be something as simple as a spot, or if it happened after your hair cut, it could be an infection or even a hair that has gone back under the skin that has become infected. either way a gp or sister is there for any worries. even trivial one. if it is worrying you then just go to the gp. it is no good sitting at home worrying . either way at least you will know what it is.

Smile Re: Lump Behind Right Ear

Thanks for the replies, its reassuring.I have had trouble wa wisdom tooth for about a year now. It is half impacted and was told that it could get infected, it seems like the glands on the same side of y neck are always slightly more noticable than on the other side?

p.s i have a bad taste in my mouth no matter how often i brush my teeth too.

thanks

i had bloods done a couple of months back and they came back negative for glandular fever and the likes.

went to the docs today and she suggested that i get blood taken (AGAIN) i guess thats to rule stuff out. Does anyone ever get slight neck pain at top of their spine when their glands are swollen?

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information