Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freaked out

Anxiety about symptoms

So I have been battling the flu all this week, starting to better. I have been coughing a lot so I guess there's a lot of mucus left behind. Well last night I started to get this feeling that there was an air bubble stuck at the very bottom of my throat. Almost like if a pill got stuck there. I kept trying to drink water and it would go down, but it would like gurgle and bubble down. I became more anxious and began feeling like I was choking and it would never go away. This was at 6 am so the worst time for anything to happen. I can decided if it was an air bubble or post nasal drip. The only thing that would help was breathing deep to "burp" but it wasn't a burp it was like a little bubble. Then it would gurgle all the way down to my chest and get trapped again. What is this? I'm so concerned it's going to happen again. It was extremely uncomfortable and it made me have a panic attack. Please help

Re: Anxiety about symptoms

I was sick with the flu about 2 weeks ago and I had the same feeling. Went to the Dr . and she did an EKG just to be safe and it was fine. The weird bubble feeling went away once I got better but I still have a dry cough and post nasal drip.

Re: Anxiety about symptoms

I can honestly say I have no idea what your talking about but I can bet you $10 I experience this now at some point.

Im a mess

Ive been through some incredible stuff in my life, some of it was even real.

-SC

Re: Please help me

Someone else posted the same thing, so it must be an accompanying symptom of this particular flu. It will pass.

Re: Please help me

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Major anxiety after being sick

Okay so I've had the flu all week. I'm feeling better today other than feeling very weak. I woke up last night feeling like something was stuck at the bottom of my throat, like a bubble. I breathe deep, burp a little, it gurgles and then comes right back. My boyfriend is convinced it's post nasal drip from being so sick, but I'm not sure. It's a very uncomfortable feeling and it's right at the base of my neck. It's making my anxiety CRAZY I keep questioning my reality, and I'm sweating and cold. I'm afraid it will never go away and I'll be burping this bubble forever. It's been about 24 hours now and will not go away. Ive tried a shower, hot liquid, water, mucinex, if really just feels like a pocket of air is stuck back there. Phelm?? Idk please help me.

Re: Major anxiety after being sick

I'm thinking its just phlegm or post nasal drip, but if it persists there's no harm in going to the doctors x

feeling odd after flu..

So I had a bad case of the flu this week, started monday, high fever, aches, cough, headache, the usual. Lasted until about Thursday night when my fever broke. I felt better after that. My head and sinuses are now draining which is gross, but good right? Now my muscles feel so unsteady and shaky. They've felt like this for days now. I feel very anxious, and i think it might be because i've been laying in bed/cough watching tv (which I never do) and haven't been outside since last sunday.. I'm very clammy, and feel just shaky. I'm eating, but i don't have a huge want for food yet, and I can't stand for super long without getting tired. is this normal? I read you can feel like this for a few weeks, as the flu is really hard on the body, but its making me worry. Why does my body feel like jello?

Re: feeling odd after flu..

I felt the same after suffering from a norovirus, its pretty much your body trying to recover and feeling weak after fighting it x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: feeling odd after flu..

It is normal and nothing to do with anxiety, for once!

I remember a few years ago I had what the doctor at the walk in centre said was 'something like the flu' I can tell you now I don't ever want the flu if that was something like

I felt very odd very quickly sometime on a Wednesday, between then and Sunday when OH drove me to the walk in centre I had eaten half a cream cracker! The doc said it might be better if I tried. Yeah right!

I spent the next six weeks dragging one foot in front of the other and sitting down a lot.

Like I say, for once it isn't anxiety

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information