Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PURE WASTEFULLNESS

PURE WASTEFULLNESS

I know that this is totally linked to my anxiety, but a feeling of pure wastefullness has taken over my life.

Until i start uni again in October, i'm off for another 10 weeks doing pretty much nothing. Well, actually that isn't true! I am going out every single day, whether it be working on a film with my friends, playing football, at the gym or down the pub. However, its still not enough and i feel awful and anxious.

My life is alright, good socially, but my anxiety is making me feel like i am doing f**k all with my life.
    I did try to get a job - for like 3 weeks thats all i did, went round agencies, but i left it too late and ive had no luck - their are NO PART TIME JOBS LEFT IN BIRMINGHAM.
    To be honest, i'm not bothered, i don't really wanna work and i have enough money to last me the whole summer.
    But because i am off uni i feel like i am totally wasting my life - like im just getting by, counting down the days til i go back to uni.

Pure wastefullness and nothingness. But what else is there to do apart from..... chill............. I wish i could just chill and not feel anxious, worried, wasteful, emotional everyday..... i want some peace.

Anyone else ever feel like this?

I know that feeling all too well. I always have to be doing something 'constructive' or else my anxiety takes over..Why don't you set yourself a few things to do over the summer? There must be a couple of things that you've been putting off for a while. Or (this may sound very sad)..you could always read a few books for your uni courses next year..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

HAHAHA, i absolutely hate reading - that will make me more anxious and feel even more wasteful SEH.

I just honestly do not know what its like to not feel anxious. My life is normal but seems ultra empty.

Well, what do you like doing then? Think about it and then come up with some 'projects' for yourself that revolve around these things..

What do i like?

All the things i like doing, i guess i actually do on a regular basis, e.g. play football, work out, go to the pub.

Thats the ironic thing, i'm doing what i like doing but IM STILL SO anxious - there is no cure. I am so so wrestless and can never be ultimately content with life.....

What do you do to help with your anxiety? counselling? relaxation CDs? essential oils? rescue remedy?

I just get through each day feeling anxious.

I got to go now Seh, back later. Thanks for listening.

Then why don't you spend the summer working on your anxiety? That way you will be busy in the short-term and you'll benefit in the long-term..Try different relaxation techniques, exercises, foods, vitamins, etc

I think you should use the time to improve your health as well.

You have loads of free time to read up on the anxiety, get massages, face all your fears etc etc

What about voluntary work? Could be worth looking into as well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I had exactly the same feeling between the 2nd year and 3rd year of uni and also with me, had little to do with being inactive. I was busy everyday, I remember being in the pub with mates, with plans for the next day, and thinking "is this it?"

On reflection, for me, it was responsibility I was craving. I was busy all the time but felt incredibly empty, like I had nothing pushing me. It was almost like I had nothing to worry about which made me anxious, if that makes sense.

Playing football, working out, going to the pub...i suppose none of those things have a tangible result at the end and that's what was bugging me. They're great things to do, but I think that when you've been at uni and used to achieving things that amount to an end result, you maybe begin to miss that..It makes you feel as if you're moving forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information